Anti virals

Nookie Bear

Winger
Just waiting on nhs to call about access to anti viral meds after positive test this morning - just wondered if anyone has had any personal experience , nervous about them but with health issues might be a good idea

Both me and Mrs RR took them, were testing negative on day 5 for both of us, I think they helped.
I did the blood thing too.
Mrs RR only took the pills, the diary thing is a bit tedious after you get better....they ask you to complete it for 28 days...but hey if ut help fir future research I'm in.

You can buy paracetamol and ibuprofen for 19p now so let's sell this crap for 10 quid and see who actually buys them now.

Pointless. Ya 19p supermarket own brand pills will cure your sniffles and cough.

You can buy paracetamol and ibuprofen for 19p now so let's sell this crap for 10 quid and see who actually buys them now.

Pointless. Ya 19p supermarket own brand pills will cure your sniffles and cough.
Don't take paracetamol or ibuprofen for a cold, the flu or covid.

Paxlovid and Sotrovimab are free of charge to the NHS you balloon, oh and not available on FP10 prescription. Administered and supplied by CMDU''s not that you will have any idea what that is (or the subject matter you are posting about either)

Last edited:
I’m very surprised that parts of this thread are still up n running. Especially when compared against the stuff that gets warnings and bannings.

Nonsense man
Paracetamol was been championed in most of Pandemic in respect to helping reduce Temperature and fever... however it is not an anti viral... Anitvirals are posibibly the better option with the Omicron varients...I would assume these will be on prescription to most too.

Paracetamol was been championed in most of Pandemic in respect to helping reduce Temperature and fever... however it is not an anti viral... Anitvirals are posibibly the better option with the Omicron varients...I would assume these will be on prescription to most too.
That's because paracetamol treats fever (pyrexia)

Antivirals do tend to be good against viruses. I think the clue is in the name. They are only available through designated CMDUs in hospitals for a defined cohort of patients so no prescriptions required

Just waiting on nhs to call about access to anti viral meds after positive test this morning - just wondered if anyone has had any personal experience , nervous about them but with health issues might be a good idea
Do you have to ask for these or do the NHS offer them upon a positive test?

Just in having the infusion now - felt canny yesterday then had a bad night so when I was called this morning decided to go ahead as don’t think I’ll be able to fight this off as quickly as I hoped (or @Wilfy did last week)

You need to be in one of the at risk groups for me it’s kidney disease

I have stage 4 kidney disease caused in part by taking a couple of ibuprofen while dehydrated so fuck off with your nonsense eh

Last edited:
No if applicable you would be contacted by NHS following positive test as you have to be defined as "clinically vulnerable". There is criteria that GPs and hospitals have been provided with to identify eligible patients. Not on the list then you wont get Paxlovid or sotrovimab
I have stage 4 kidney disease caused in part by taking a couple of ibuprofen while dehydrated so fuck off with your nonsense eh
Just a shit WUM who clearly is a bit thick, and most likely alternative account while main one has been banned if you look at the posting history

Last edited:
Just in having the infusion now - felt canny yesterday then had a bad night so when I was called this morning decided to go ahead as don’t think I’ll be able to fight this off as quickly as I hoped (or @Wilfy did last week)

You need to be in one of the at risk groups for me it’s kidney disease

I have stage 4 kidney disease caused in part by taking a couple of ibuprofen while dehydrated so fuck off with your nonsense chee
cheers, hope you are on the mend in no time

Back