Anti- Vaxxer Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm even kicking myself for not giving my kid extra vaccines.

I was planning on looking into where I could get her vaccinated for chickenpox, but she's got it right now - its horrible. None of us slept last night, and its heartbreaking to see her in pain.

Why we don't routinely vaccinate against this (like the Americans do), is beyone me. The shingles thing is a not an excuse in my book.

I'm even kicking myself for not giving my kid extra vaccines.

I was planning on looking into where I could get her vaccinated for chickenpox, but she's got it right now - its horrible. None of us slept last night, and its heartbreaking to see her in pain.

Why we don't routinely vaccinate against this (like the Americans do), is beyone me. The shingles thing is a not an excuse in my book.
It's typically a mild childhood illness.

On a population level its argued that immunising would cause more problems in adults down the line.

You may have to elaborate on that argument mate.
He's talking about the shingles issue that I referenced earlier.

Being exposed to kids with chicken pox boosts adults resistance to shingles.

However, you have to be a monster to plan to help yourself at the expense of your children imo.

You may have to elaborate on that argument mate.
My basic understanding of the rationale is there will be a group of kids that will miss the boat on a jab, they'd be less likely to come into contact with chickenpox as children because of the younger immunised kids.

Chickenpox is worse as an adult and is particularly high risk if the person that has it is pregnant. Plus, as PTR says, shingles.

Can't be arsed getting into a debate about it tbh as I'm not much more informed than that. I'm sure the NHS or PHE will have a page about it, there's may even be NICE guidance.

He's talking about the shingles issue that I referenced earlier.

Being exposed to kids with chicken pox boosts adults resistance to shingles.

However, you have to be a monster to plan to help yourself at the expense of your children imo.

That is what i thought but when i googled it having chickenpox before 18 months of age increases the risk. It was a little vague aside from that as it appears the exact mechanisms are not well understood

My basic understanding of the rationale is there will be a group of kids that will miss the boat on a jab, they'd be less likely to come into contact with chickenpox as children because of the younger immunised kids.

Chickenpox is worse as an adult and is particularly high risk if the person that has it is pregnant. Plus, as PTR says, shingles.

Can't be arsed getting into a debate about it tbh as I'm not much more informed than that. I'm sure the NHS or PHE will have a page about it, there's may even be NICE guidance.

Makes sense to me that cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back