An Australian Forum

Tremendous.

Watched the Channel 5 highlights a few times too now. Proper tear in the eye job when its sailing to the ropes. But as i said on the other thread, the best bit is the near run out. That Mark Nicholas is getting so into and shitting it when Lyon fucks it up that he even snaps at himself mid commentary "Its too much for everybody, its as simple as that, IT'S TOO MUCH!" :lol:
I've listened to and watched every possible bit of coverage of Sunday's play. So many iconic moments that will be played over and over again. Tears in my eyes every time

I've listened to and watched every possible bit of coverage of Sunday's play. So many iconic moments that will be played over and over again. Tears in my eyes every time

Yep. The roar from the crowd when the ball evades fielders to either hit or clear the ropes gets a lump in the throat. The missus watched bits of it with me as it unfolded and at one point asked if I was going to cry as my voice went ffs LOL.
Makes for rather pleasant reading from the Broad dismissal onwards.

If one was to sign up there, would it best going undercover, playing an Aussie who is very Erm diplomatic (full of praise for us and anti Convict). Hmmm.

Last edited:
Great read that. The way that it slowly dawns on them that the match is slipping away is fascinating.

Mind it makes matchday PF look like a bastion of calm and reason.

I've just watched a short highlights video of the last few overs on the BBC website and I still struggle to take it in.

That switch shot for 6 - just f***ing amazing.

The odd Aussie is in awe of Stokes tbf, one even jokingly asks if his bat is legal when a couple he doesn't even got hold of properly absolutely flies.

Great read that. The way that it slowly dawns on them that the match is slipping away is fascinating.

I've just watched a short highlights video of the last few overs on the BBC website and I still struggle to take it in.

They pondered, and concluded, that even KP wouldn't have dared pull that one out at that stage.

I've made no secret of my dislike for limited overs cricket but it can't be denied shots like that are because of it.

Last edited:
Topper read that, they are as mad as us lot on here. Some of the comments were crazy, like when Stokes switch hit that ball for six "That's just insane, you cant do shots like that". And apart from comments like "he should be in jail" or "hes not even English" most acknowledged that it was probably the best Test innings ever.

Last edited:
Yep. The roar from the crowd when the ball evades fielders to either hit or clear the ropes gets a lump in the throat. The missus watched bits of it with me as it unfolded and at one point asked if I was going to cry as my voice went ffs LOL.

If one was to sign up there, would it best going undercover, playing an Aussie who is very Erm diplomatic (full of praise for us and anti Convict). Hmmm.
The run out chance where Cook just screams "NO NO NO NO" :lol:

The run out chance where Cook just screams "NO NO NO NO" :lol:

Aye :lol:

Also loved the players reactions for it, Broad head in hands, then starts clapping, pauses then starts bouncing about on the spot :lol: Basically doesn't know what to do with himself.
Topper read that, they are as mad as us lot on here. Some of the comments were crazy, like when Stokes switch hit that ball for six "That's just insane, you cant do shots like that". And apart from comments like "he should be in jail" or "hes not even English" most acknowledged that it was probably the best Test innings ever.

There's even a eigiehghrgigergberbvihrbibeiubeibviebviebg comment when its all going to shit :lol:

Last edited:

It's bizarre how we react differently. I hardly moved a muscle during Stokes' onslaught, no shouting or screaming - with my eyes fixed on the telly. Not sure if I was stunned by what I was seeing or not wanting to jinx it my over-reacting!

In contrast, I was going bonkers towards the end of the World Cup final!

It's bizarre how we react differently. I hardly moved a muscle during Stokes' onslaught, no shouting or screaming - with my eyes fixed on the telly. Not sure if I was stunned by what I was seeing or not wanting to jinx it my over-reacting!

In contrast, I was going bonkers towards the end of the World Cup final!

Perhaps it's because Test Cricket is much better/more important.
Wow.

What a set of bitter bastards.

I loved the "you can shove your pj cricket up your arse" when they were apparently home and dry LOL.

Last edited:
The odd Aussie is in awe of Stokes tbf, one even jokingly asks if his bat is legal when a couple he doesn't even got hold of properly absolutely flies.

They pondered, and concluded, that even KP wouldn't have dared pull that one out at that stage.

I've made no secret of my dislike for limited overs cricket but it can't be denied shots like that are because of it.

Same here. The white ball shots scare the shit out of me. You're thinking about the shambles of the first innings and then he tries a scoop shot and it doesn't come off.

Next ball another scoop and I thought ffs what are you doing man - straight for 6.

The sheer self belief of the man to try that in those circumstances was just mind boggling.

I've been watching all sorts of sport for too many decades now and I can't recall a single performance that tops that.

And what an advert for proper cricket...

Wow.

What a set of bitter bastards.

In fairness when Smith was single handedly beating us there were plenty on here giving no praise, instead calling him worse than shite and saying he shouldn't be playing etc.

It's an eye opener mind, as I thought this place was bi-polar as many are football fans watching cricket, but their lot are just as bad, if not worse.
What's all this "campaigner" nonsense?

One theory is its a replacement for a four letter word beginning with C.
Same here. The white ball shots scare the shit out of me. You're thinking about the shambles of the first innings and then he tries a scoop shot and it doesn't come off.

Next ball another scoop and I thought ffs what are you doing man - straight for 6.

The sheer self belief of the man to try that in those circumstances was just mind boggling.

I've been watching all sorts of sport for too many decades now and I can't recall a single performance that tops that.

And what an advert for proper cricket...

Great post that.

The thing about Stokes is I actually think the bigger the occasion/pressure the more likely he is to deliver in such a remarkable manner.

Last edited:

The third test thread is going to gold ? Surely a cracker like that canā€™t be left to drift away

Great read.
Tremendous.

Watched the Channel 5 highlights a few times too now. Proper tear in the eye job when its sailing to the ropes. But as i said on the other thread, the best bit is the near run out. That Mark Nicholas is getting so into and shitting it when Lyon fucks it up that he even snaps at himself mid commentary "Its too much for everybody, its as simple as that, IT'S TOO MUCH!" :lol:
Haven't seen channel 5 highlights. Got a link?

Last edited:

Back