American Consortium interested in West Ham

£350m bid rejected. For a club you will have to throw another £300m at to get them top 6.

I know I’m biased, but we’re a far better bet. £37m, spend £50m and get us in the Premier League. Double your money at that point easily

Jim White just said that nobody has provided proof of funds (major club source as usual).......Sounds like the big fella might be at it again

My first thought tbh seen as though they are investing in a few clubs across here

Last edited:
£350m bid rejected. For a club you will have to throw another £300m at to get them top 6.

I know I’m biased, but we’re a far better bet. £37m, spend £50m and get us in the Premier League. Double your money at that point easily

You are right but isn't that the reason why Donald bought us, a quick double of his money if we got out of league one....it didn't go to plan and now were f*cked

£50 million get us in the Premier league... Are you kidding? Brentford just spent £10 million on 1 player... Then a squad of 20 say on £10 grand a week that's £10.4 million then staff costs and general day to day bills... £50 million is nowhere near enough. Apart from Willis, Wright and Maguire(possibly Hume) I'm not sure any of our players are championship quality. You could possibly do it for £50 million if you had some amazing youngsters you could sell on for a massive profit...

London, 60k stadium, 20k tourists, revenue....

£50 million get us in the Premier league... Are you kidding? Brentford just spent £10 million on 1 player... Then a squad of 20 say on £10 grand a week that's £10.4 million then staff costs and general day to day bills... £50 million is nowhere near enough. Apart from Willis, Wright and Maguire(possibly Hume) I'm not sure any of our players are championship quality. You could possibly do it for £50 million if you had some amazing youngsters you could sell on for a massive profit...

Agreed.

50 million would possibly see us finish in the top half of the championship, we would be nowhere near a promotion spot tho.

Would cost a lot more than £50m to get us to the PL. would be running at a deficit of £25m+ to build a competitive championship squad, plus fees, then there’s no guarantee of promotion. Easy enough to run West Ham with no investment and a guaranteed return of profit if you want to keep them mid table

Yeah ok. Fair enough.

Brentford just spent £10m on 1 player having sold a player for £28m, they signed that player for £1.8m. Palace are apparently in discussions for a £20/25m deal for Benrahma who cost them £2.7m. They bought Maupay for £1.6m and sold him for £20m. So absolutely you can do it on £50m if you're patient, invest smartly and reinvest in the squad. Every deal like the ones above allows you to pay a bit more in wages or buy that better class of player who takes you up.

How much did Sheffield Utd spend to get from league 1 to the Premier league? (I don't know, just seeing if that's a suitable comparison)

Could this be Big Willy and his Blue chip backers going for his home town club? Look out for him with his hammers top on coupled with can in hand
Hopefully it is and the beggar will piss off and irritate them for while.

(I was a bit disappointed the other day when he "bumped" in to SKP and he didn't have one of his cans of pop at the ready for the photo opportunity).

Listening to those whoppers on talkSPORT this morning and they were saying that the difference between West Ham and the Mags is ground ownership and that the Mags own theirs.

It really does beggars belief at time how people are so woefully uneducated in their subject matter on there.
Does the council still own Sid James? I thought Ashley bought it?

Would cost a lot more than £50m to get us to the PL. would be running at a deficit of £25m+ to build a competitive championship squad, plus fees, then there’s no guarantee of promotion. Easy enough to run West Ham with no investment and a guaranteed return of profit if you want to keep them mid table
Have a look at the amounts being put in. Yes some clubs go bananas but it's perfectly possible to get to the PL for relative buttons if you are run well
Logon or register to see this image

Does the council still own Sid James? I thought Ashley bought it?
Not sure. I thought it was council owned still and they paid a peppercorn rent. Council happy to have the ground in the city centre.
If still the case, I cannot fathom how their valuation has always been so high, when we own our own ground , facilities and land. The value of assets of playing staff aside.
I know Ellis Short kept the Hilton Hotel when he sold to Donald.
Surely the valuations must take potential into account and long term successful teams at both NE clubs are not that much different and are frightening due to the fanaticism. The huge gap in valuation is mystifying.

Back