Amalfi coast - long weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay in Sorrento like we did but I would get a car. It’s about an hour’s drive from Naples airport (avoid taking a wrong turn into the slums beside the airport, unlike me) but then you have the freedom to drive around the peninsula and along to Amalfi and Positano, at your own pace stopping at viewpoints and grottoes and little towns. You’ll want to stop every five minutes to take pictures of the towns seemingly suspended on hillsides and valleys.

Pompeii is worth at least half a day as it’s huge, I thought it was incredible, surreal and unique. It’s much easier and faster to reach by car, especially if you want to go on to Vesuvius itself.

The driving is easy honestly. Use a reputable provider and get a sat nav. We used Avis.

We liked Ravella. What was it like staying there? Enough to do of an evening?

Lovely relaxing place. Lots of places to eat, not necessarily loads of places to drink. We had a crackin view from our balcony though so just spent many nights with bottles of Peroni overlooking the sea

I drove :eek:

Stayed in Positano, lovely, loved Sorrento thought Amalfi was a bit meh and getting the ferry places is absolutely great as the views are stunning. Was only there 3 days so didn't have time to do everything.

Naples itself is absolutely class, the food is brilliant, don't bother sitting down for a meal, just grab and go.

I've stayed in Sorrento and Positano. Prefer the latter as it's relatively quiet on a night but plenty of restaurants, etc. Stayed at Buca di Bacco which was great. Oddly, there was a sandwich shop close by which did wonderful food cheaply which offset some of the restaurant prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back