Am I eating enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

safc_graeme

Striker
I'm really not sure I am. Never feel particularly hungry, but worried I'm not eating enough to meet my goals. I'd like to put on a little bit of muscle, not loads of mass or anything, just abs and a bit of definition all around plus getting quite lean, but I also run 5-10km 3 or 4 times a week.

My typical weekday is:

Breakfast (9am) - 3 eggs scrambled, 2 slices of wholegrain toast

Pre-Gym (about an hour later) - Banana & Protein Shake

Post-Gym (1pm) - Protein shake & another piece of fruit

Post-Gym meal (2pm) - Wholegrain pasta & chicken (or that type of thing. Usually quite substantial)

I then go to work at 3, and have a couple of pieces of fruit about 7pm, then some natural yoghurt & more fruit when I get in about 9.30.

I feel like I'm eating really healthily, I cut out all of the rubbish and alcohol, and I always have loads of energy for a couple of hours in the gym and a good run, but it just doesn't seem very much and I'm worried I'm damaging my body by not fueling it properly.

The names of the food are irrelevant mate, you'd need to post up the actual nutritional value of your day and have a rough idea of your total daily energy expenditure. That said, it doesn't look like you're eating a great deal.

I'd say without amounts and more detail that you aren't eating enough to build any really muscle at alk

The thing is, I've always said I don't want to get bogged down with measuring out each individual item, because it'll make a diet no fun at all for me, and I'll probably end up obsessing over it.

Cheers though, I might try adding in some oats or something through the day and see how that goes. I'm trying to get quite lean though, and I've got it in my head that eating more will prevent some fat loss.

The thing is, I've always said I don't want to get bogged down with measuring out each individual item, because it'll make a diet no fun at all for me, and I'll probably end up obsessing over it.

Cheers though, I might try adding in some oats or something through the day and see how that goes. I'm trying to get quite lean though, and I've got it in my head that eating more will prevent some fat loss.

You don't have to be too regimental with it, but without any specific figures, the food names don't really mean anything, because all the body recognises is the nutrients and quantity of the nutrients that are going in.

All ballpark figure will be more than enough. Just saying "around 150g" (like half a packet for example) of pasta would suffice. The odd 10g here and there isn't realistically going to make much difference and will average itself out of a season. ;)

Based on that, you eat more than me, and i'm a fat twat.

Losing it now though, somehow by not eating enough/the right stuff, i wasn't losing weight, but also wasn't gaining it, was just staying the same.

Stopped that now though.

Find your maintenance calories then add on what you would burn whilst exercising then add on another 300-500 calories per day to build muscle.

been thinking about my and it needs a massive change, so taking baby steps to start.
Is it true that I shouldn't really eat after 8?
and whats a good snack for me while I'm at work? i eat loads of fruit but its just not filling and if i get bored i just go to the van, get some crisps or stick me hand in biscuit tin

cheers mate, what about the second bit, any ideas?

I rarely snack as I don't need to, but things like rice cakes, home made protein bars or even a sandwich, particularly with wholegrain bread are good for satiety.

gonna try knock some of these up the morra, should be a laugh

Haha, easy as fuck man! Can add plenty of stuff like; oats, protein powder, milk, honey, unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter etc.

I made a few of these today and they were lovely:

Logon or register to see this image

Choc-chip peanut butter cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back