Alves CDM?

Im not a fan of putting a player in the team in his wrong position if that same player in question can’t get in the side in his correct position. People will say but Winchester, who in fairness has played a lot there over the years. In fact whil on about Winchester I would get Huggins in at RB with Winchester taking O,nines place in the team.
Im not a fan of putting a player in the team in his wrong position if that same player in question can’t get in the side in his correct position. People will say but Winchester, who in fairness has played a lot there over the years. In fact whil on about Winchester I would get Huggins in at RB with Winchester taking O,nines place in the team.
Im not an o,nien hater, but for my money he looks like he is struggling at the minute and part if not most of that could be down to his shoulder injury, which really should be getting fixed up in the operating theatre right now.

Last edited:

Know a couple of West Ham fans who watch all their Development squad games and they can’t seem to understand why he’s not getting minutes. The expectation from them is that, like Declan Rice, Alves could make the move from a defender to being able to play in a deep lying midfield role. I’ve seen LJ comment once or twice that he thinks he could do that. Maybe worth having a look at, starting with QPR this week?

I'd guess in training he's currently being brought up to speed to do the very thing you suggest. As you say, QPR would be an ideal time to road test him.

Back