Alton Towers

Universal Orlando parks have been open for a couple of weeks and it strangely seems to be okay at the moment. The main thing for them at the moment is that most of there clientele comes from outside the US so there’s not the usual crushes to get in.

We've spent a grand on tickets for Universal in October - we won't be going so that's us £1000 lighter :cry:

Reopening July. I’m struggling to imagine how much cleaning is going to have to go on there like. Every safety bar after every ride?
And how do you enforce distancing if somebody at the front sneezes at 60mph?
Unfortunately, campsites still aren’t allowing tents, so that’s our holiday goosed anyway.
Don’t worry about it they haven’t been cleaning everything in supermarkets.

Nah, all tents are banned

They clean the trollies

Well that’s fine then, it doesn’t matter about the fridges and freezers, stuff other people have picked up around the store or the dividers on the check outs, they are Covid exempt.

Pretty similar to football players and snooker tables.
Maybes the chances of us catching it in those circumstances are pretty low to absolutely fuck all.

Got to take notice of the scientists and mathematicians, erm I mean Boris and his mates.

Well that’s fine then, it doesn’t matter about the fridges and freezers, stuff other people have picked up around the store or the dividers on the check outs, they are Covid exempt.

Pretty similar to football players and snooker tables.
Maybes the chances of us catching it in those circumstances are pretty low to absolutely fuck all.

Got to take notice of the scientists and mathematicians, erm I mean Boris and his mates.
I know that but I’m surprised the owners are willing to take the risk.

We've spent a grand on tickets for Universal in October - we won't be going so that's us £1000 lighter :cry:
They’ve been brilliant with changing dates on tickets so I’d speak to the company you bought them from. My sister has had to change her tickets a few times for various reasons and they’ve honoured them every time.

They’ve been brilliant with changing dates on tickets so I’d speak to the company you bought them from. My sister has had to change her tickets a few times for various reasons and they’ve honoured them every time.

We've bought them through a agent and they're not issuing refunds. As it stands we're not going because we can't get holiday insurance for Covid 19.

Anyone been to anywhere like this, flamingo land, etc? It’s the little ones birthday in a fortnight so was thinking of doing some kind of theme park trip as there isn’t a whole lot else you can do at present, just wondering what it’s like and whether there’s too many precautions to make it worth the money or not.

Bump
Thinking of taking the teenage kids to Alton Towers or Drayton Manor next week to try and do something with them. Anyone been lately? All rides open ? Which one better, Alton or Drayton?
Cheers

Bump
Thinking of taking the teenage kids to Alton Towers or Drayton Manor next week to try and do something with them. Anyone been lately? All rides open ? Which one better, Alton or Drayton?
Cheers

Was at Alton towers last week. Got on everything except Rita.

Get there one hour before it opens - ignore the official queue times - Smiler queue was showing as two hours but we waited only 40 minutes - thirteen showing 2 hours but we got on in less than 1 hour. Social distancing in the queue ls seems to be giving false readings on times.

If you're going to take advantage of Eat Out to help out when you leave I'd book now. I'd recommend The Star at Cotton which is about a 5 minute drive from Alton towers

Back