Alton Towers - too many punters?

busy yes but no ride should have a queue longer than an hour

I agree. That's ridiculous. Surely they have limits on people in/out? I think I can remember queuing for about 40 minutes to go on a couple.
It's been a very long time since I've been to a theme park to be honest

I agree. That's ridiculous. Surely they have limits on people in/out? I think I can remember queuing for about 40 minutes to go on a couple.
Merlin have just go greedy...

the other thing to do is put more rides in that way it shares the punters around.

Blackpool Pleasure beach gets thousands fo punters but queues are never that bad because of the amount of coasters and rides they have

Slightly off topic but I see they aren’t reopening the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley. They say they want it as a child’s park so rides like that and what used to be the rat have just closed.
Had some great times as a kid but from what I hear it’s utter shite now.

I took my son quite recently and was surprised by how much it had basically become a place for really young kids. Suited us that day but as you say a shame because some good memories there.

The UK is miles behind the US for ride queues.

In the states you never see the queue, it's always round the corner or in the next room all of the time, so it doesn't dishearten you.
Also there is lots of entertainment to watch as you are waiting, tv screens, memorabilia, displays, actors doing silly stuff and the like.
It's like each ride has a pre rise show to entertain the riders as they wait in air conditioned comfort.

In the UK, you get a line of barriers, a 2 hour queue and you either get burnt by the sun of drenched by the rain.

I think that the last time I visited for a day on the rides was around 2009 and it was a Tuesday. The main thing I remembered was that a group of adults from Sunderland were sat in the pub near the entrance when we arrived, and were still there when we left.

There are sometimes school trips but I would expect those in June/July.

More recently we’ve been to the water park, if I travelled a distance I’d stay in the hotel.
We stayed at Splash Landings and it was chokka but it isn’t so much of an issue when you’re just jumping in water and not really queueing for anything.

Slightly off topic but I see they aren’t reopening the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley. They say they want it as a child’s park so rides like that and what used to be the rat have just closed.
Had some great times as a kid but from what I hear it’s utter shite now.
They have changed it to under 12s now for lightwater Valley. Got rid of a lot of things

Seems to me that a lot of people aren't used to being surrounded by lots of people again.
Theme Parks and Zoos have always been busy.
That first ride, first queue was like wtf is going here? My entire two days was a proper 2019 experience of life, takes a little while to retrain the brain.

Think you'd be surprised mate - as you say its been a very long time since you've been and a lot has changed. Even if they did have a limit, its way beyond a sensible and reasonable one. They just want as many entrance fees as they can get

The UK is miles behind the US for ride queues.

In the states you never see the queue, it's always round the corner or in the next room all of the time, so it doesn't dishearten you.
Also there is lots of entertainment to watch as you are waiting, tv screens, memorabilia, displays, actors doing silly stuff and the like.
It's like each ride has a pre rise show to entertain the riders as they wait in air conditioned comfort.

In the UK, you get a line of barriers, a 2 hour queue and you either get burnt by the sun of drenched by the rain.
Agree, the queue area for the avatar ride in Orlando was amazing, same for some of the Harry Potter rides at universal

Think you'd be surprised mate - as you say its been a very long time since you've been and a lot has changed. Even if they did have a limit, its way beyond a sensible and reasonable one. They just want as many entrance fees as they can get

Disappointing. Hardly safe that is it.
being a large breasted scantily clad usually quite drunk loud mouth does tend to get you spun way too much by the carny lads

Louder you scream, the faster the ride.
SHABBA!

Last edited:

Back