Allardyce OR Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness that they even mentioned in the same breath. Keane has done nothing in management and ends up falling out with players wherever he goes. Horrible man who should be nowhere near management. Big Sam now would be a cracking appointment

The 3 that seem to be the popular choice are Allardyce, Keane and Hughton. I've tried to support Ross, but it's just not going not happen. With those 3 as options and imo would all come, don't underestimate our pull still, then I can see the merits of appointing any of them tbh. I'd be happy with any of them and think any of them would do well for us. Allardyce or Hughton woukd be safer options, but Keane would get people excited again, but much more of a risk.

The 3 that seem to be the popular choice are Allardyce, Keane and Hughton. I've tried to support Ross, but it's just not going not happen. With those 3 as options and imo would all come, don't underestimate our pull still, then I can see the merits of appointing any of them tbh. I'd be happy with any of them and think any of them would do well for us. Allardyce or Hughton woukd be safer options, but Keane would get people excited again, but much more of a risk.

I agree about Allardyce and Hughton, but I’m eally not sure about Keane.

He was exactly what we needed when we had him, but I just don’t think it would work now.

Allardyce is in a totally different league to Keane.

Keane had a good spell here in the championship but failed in the premier League.

Big Sam has far more top level experience and is a better tactician.

He might be 'dodgy' but he's a far better manager than he gets credit for.

Madness that they even mentioned in the same breath. Keane has done nothing in management and ends up falling out with players wherever he goes. Horrible man who should be nowhere near management. Big Sam now would be a cracking appointment
Keane's comments on Johnathon Walters were a disgrace . It just shows what a tit he is.Horrible man.

As a person and especially as a manager what is it you love about Keane..as a manager everywhere he's been has been a disaster.

I like him as a person, I love how he speaks his mind and doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.

As a manager he was far from a disaster here

I like him as a person, I love how he speaks his mind and doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks.

As a manager he was far from a disaster here

I think he's canny as a pundit..speaking his mind and not treading on eggshells but when it comes to man management that's no good..to me there's times when a manager would need the arm round the shoulder approach..with Keane it just seems to border on bullying..apart from that first season here he was generally crap..then Ipswich..Ireland and Forest..terrible..he paid £8.2 million for Anton Ferdinand..i'll say no more.

Thank you..we know he was in Dusseldorf round 1959 time. I've been told online that it was probably 3rd battalion but someone else reckons 2nd battalion were just along the road in another barracks..i'm investigating though.

Hello mate, I have some connection with the Regiment and have done some quick research for you. (I'm assuming this isn't Alan we are talking about?). The third battalion was disbanded/placed into suspended animation in 1959, but prior to this served as part of the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR) between 1957-1958. It was disbanded in the UK. The 1st Battalion was also BAOR prior to this in 1955-1957, and the two battalions changed places. The 2nd Battalion, which as everyone knows is the Coldstream Battalion, was in the UK between 1956 and 1959, at which time it was despatched to Kenya until 1961 at which point its companies were moved around a bit to different trouble spots.

So going by this, it looks like he was third battalion which was based in Hubbelrath (Dusseldorf) and I believe they were at the Bergische (Flak) Kaserne, which was then known as Gort and Llannley Barracks. The third battalion, I believe, was at Llannley, and you can google these if you want to see where they were. The 1st Battalion was at Gort.

If there is any doubt, apply for his war records at Get a copy of military service records to find out what battalion he was in. I don't normally do this for recently-serving guardsmen so Im not sure if the eligibility to access to these records change.

I hope this helps.

Sky Sports making a big deal of securing Keane as a pundit. It would be interesting to see how much he is on considering Henry was on reportedly £80K a week.

Sky Sports making a big deal of securing Keane as a pundit. It would be interesting to see how much he is on considering Henry was on reportedly £80K a week.
Keano has said he wants a return to management.

Allardyce or hughton would be my choice but being honest im doubtful either would drop to league 1. That said id still like to see us ask the question.

Personally I would hate to see the return of Keane. Not fussed on Allardyce either, would rather appoint someone younger and dynamic like Eddie Howe, although fat chance of getting him. Hopefully though not another dour Scot.

Hello mate, I have some connection with the Regiment and have done some quick research for you. (I'm assuming this isn't Alan we are talking about?). The third battalion was disbanded/placed into suspended animation in 1959, but prior to this served as part of the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR) between 1957-1958. It was disbanded in the UK. The 1st Battalion was also BAOR prior to this in 1955-1957, and the two battalions changed places. The 2nd Battalion, which as everyone knows is the Coldstream Battalion, was in the UK between 1956 and 1959, at which time it was despatched to Kenya until 1961 at which point its companies were moved around a bit to different trouble spots.

So going by this, it looks like he was third battalion which was based in Hubbelrath (Dusseldorf) and I believe they were at the Bergische (Flak) Kaserne, which was then known as Gort and Llannley Barracks. The third battalion, I believe, was at Llannley, and you can google these if you want to see where they were. The 1st Battalion was at Gort.

If there is any doubt, apply for his war records at Get a copy of military service records to find out what battalion he was in. I don't normally do this for recently-serving guardsmen so Im not sure if the eligibility to access to these records change.

I hope this helps.

Great that mate thanks so much..yes my Dad was Alan..I’m going to get the service records to find a bit more..I’m so grateful for what you’ve done.

Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back