Alistair Cook

TopCat

Striker
Very interesting article in The Guardian today....
(It's from his book so maybe SEB - if so, apologies)

David Warner, a couple of beers into his celebration, mentioned that he used substances attached to the strapping on his hand to accelerate the deterioration of the ball during a first-class match. I looked at Steve Smith who shot a glance that said: ‘Ooh, you shouldn’t have said that.”

Did the Australians use sandpaper to tamper with the ball before they were caught doing so in Cape Town in March 2018? “Stuart Broad sums it up pretty well and says they got the ball to reverse swing in that Ashes. Why change what you’ve been doing? Why suddenly use sandpaper? People know what was going on. But it’s been the best thing for Australian cricket because they realised it wasn’t acceptable. The win-at-all-costs culture they created isn’t what the Australian public needed or wanted. They’d gone too far.”

For anyone who's interested in his book, he was at Cheltenham Literature Festival today talking about it and Sky Arts are showing the recording of it on Friday evening. From seeing it live I can say it's well worth a watch.

Pity they didn't do the same when Shane Warne was is town last year.

For anyone who's interested in his book, he was at Cheltenham Literature Festival today talking about it and Sky Arts are showing the recording of it on Friday evening. From seeing it live I can say it's well worth a watch.

I’ve read Warne’s book and it is definitely not a pity.

Apparently there is a one in London tomorrow, trying to get a ticket to get myself out of the house, but looks like its sold out, will ring again in the morning.

27.50 but the book costs £20, hopefully there are some returns, love Cook.
I’ve read Warne’s book and it is definitely not a pity.

haha aye

There actually is a video of Atherton interviewing Warne, 45 mins long, its better than his book I'd say.

Apparently there is a one in London tomorrow, trying to get a ticket to get myself out of the house, but looks like its sold out, will ring again in the morning.

27.50 but the book costs £20, hopefully there are some returns, love Cook.

haha aye

There actually is a video of Atherton interviewing Warne, 45 mins long, its better than his book I'd say.
Good luck getting a ticket, he speaks very well and was very candid with his answers when it came to questions from the audience.

It was Atherton who interviewed Warne here last year and I'd agree that was better than the book. I didn't see it being filmed at the time though, so it might have been a similar interview at the time.

Back