alien isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this in native 3D on the PS4? I might pick this up myself if so :lol:

Stressful.

I packed it in due to the save system. The graphics are brilliant, but the sound is phenomenal. Dare you to play it with headphones on.

ill get the turtle beach out one night in the dark

Do it. Turn the mic on too. You have to hold your breath when hiding from the alien or it can hear you. A mate of mine couldn't work out why the alien kept killing him every time he ate a wotsit.

haha....have you tried until dawn yet

Great, at first terrifying, then Infuriating game
I found it more infuriating at the beginning! When I got the hang of it I loved it. And, strangely, I thought the save system was a fantastic addition to ramp up the tension. A checkpoint system would have ruined the atmosphere and made the game a hell of a lot easier.

Excellent game, I'm about a third of the way through and the alien is terrifying. Love how it's behavior is completely random, no set patterns or anything. I'm almost constantly sneaking with the motion detector out in case the bastard pops out of a vent.

I found it more infuriating at the beginning! When I got the hang of it I loved it. And, strangely, I thought the save system was a fantastic addition to ramp up the tension. A checkpoint system would have ruined the atmosphere and made the game a hell of a lot easier.

I had it set on hard and even when crawling the whole friggin time, the bastard still used to appear and pop me brains out :lol:, that changed when the flamethrower appeared :cool:

I had it set on hard and even when crawling the whole friggin time, the bastard still used to appear and pop me brains out :lol:, that changed when the flamethrower appeared :cool:
I learned that dashing for it when you get a chance was more advantageous than hiding all the time! It's pattern was totally random, so hiding, I found, was essentially waiting to be killed!

I like easy games. I'm properly shit at games and have the patience of a toddler.

I like easy games. I'm properly shit at games and have the patience of a toddler.
Don't get me wrong, I got murdered at a save station a couple of times and was furious but I just think it added so much more tension to proceedings that I wouldn't have changed it at all!

I'm waiting until I get a VR headset before I play this so I can be certain of giving myself a heart attack.

That kitchen demo at E3 sounded brutal in VR people will be checking themselves in to mental hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back