Alien and associated films

ErichZann

Striker
Watched Alien last night, was about to go to bed and seen it was on BBC1. Watched it in the dark what an amazing film, the suspense and atmosphere is quality. Only my second time watching it the first time was over 20 years ago.
I've watched Aliens 100 times, Alien 3 once, and none of the others. What they like are they worth watching, and what about the new ones like Prometheus (sp?) and Covenant? Any good? Rnak them all?

Watched Alien last night, was about to go to bed and seen it was on BBC1. Watched it in the dark what an amazing film, the suspense and atmosphere is quality. Only my second time watching it the first time was over 20 years ago.
I've watched Aliens 100 times, Alien 3 once, and none of the others. What they like are they worth watching, and what about the new ones like Prometheus (sp?) and Covenant? Any good? Rnak them all?
Alien 3 is a much better movie in the directors cut

I like them all, some are better than others, because I bought into the whole Alien universe.

If you're a fan of the series I'd suggest finding the Assembly Cut of Alien 3, it's a big improvement on the theatrical version albeit still flawed.

Prometheus has some great visuals and interesting ideas, but it's compromised by the fact that Ridley Scott wanted to do something different but the studio wanted more of the same. Covenant is pretty meh.

Alien Resurrection promised to be good but turned out to be dogshit. You can see the bones of a good film in there but I was so disappointed when I went to see it.

All that Alien Vs Predator shite can fuck off

I watched Aliens on it's opening day in Toronto. Red hot it was and I caged a drink of orange juice off a bunch of hippies stood next to me in the queue.

It was laced with only God know how much LSD and I remember tripping my way trhrough the film, terrified. Even when I got back to my digs I turned the paper bin upside down just in case a crawler took shelter there. Can't be too careful.

It was on when I put the telly on last night but I had to turn it off after I bit cos I knew I'd wind up watching it all and I wouldn't mind watching them all again. It was upto where John Hurt gets back up, and I turned it off just after Dallas goes into the vents.

I've not seen Covenant yet, and as I say I'd like to re-watch the rest, but I cannot be fuckin' arsed to watch Prometheus again, though I feel I probably need to to follow on with Covenant. I'm a completist.

Alien and Aliens are two of my favourite films, Prometheus is alright, visually amazing but the story isn't great. I'd avoid everything else, Alien Vs Predator 2 (whatever it's called) is genuinely one of the worst films I've seen... I say "seen" it's so dark you can bearly make anything out!

A few of us watched Alien during it's release week at the ABC in Sunderland. It was back in the day when you could stay in all day if you wished. We watched it three times it was that good. It was also backed by La Petomaine starring Leonard Rossiter which we had to endure 3 times as well.

You've already seen the best one, they should have just left it at that.

Don't bother with the sequel, it's utter shite.

I like the Alien series, even if Resurrection and Covenant were getting pretty thin, they still hold up well together. For me, any of the crossovers aren't worth considering as being part of the series. I have a soft spot for Prometheus and I don't know why but I've watched it more times than any of the others. I remember when it came out I was listening to Stephen Fry's audiobook "Mythos" and he does a section on Prometheus and his interpretation of what the character meant in mythology, so I probably read a deeper meaning than was actually there in the film. Still like it though.

Alien Resurrection is criminally underrated, Prometheus and the following films were all God awful. Fun fact I spoke to Ridley Scott about the North East in the toilets at the Premiere of Prometheus, still shite mind.

Back