Ali Plumb on the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

How did this fella get a job as a movie critic? He is the most amateur writer/reviewer I've ever seen on a stage as big as the Beeb. Throws around 5*reviews like confetti, lauds the rinse-repeat comic book movies at every turn, and barely ever highlights the strikingly obvious problems with the AAA films he goes to see. Irritates me no end when I click on a movie review on the BBC and it is him, not Kermode. Rank bad.

How did this fella get a job as a movie critic? He is the most amateur writer/reviewer I've ever seen on a stage as big as the Beeb. Throws around 5*reviews like confetti, lauds the rinse-repeat comic book movies at every turn, and barely ever highlights the strikingly obvious problems with the AAA films he goes to see. Irritates me no end when I click on a movie review on the BBC and it is him, not Kermode. Rank bad.
He thought Basic Instinct 2 was a good filum mind ;)

Kermode isn't that good like. Just uses lots of words. I hate having my own opinion on a film only to be told "Well Mark Kermode doesn't like it!"
He can be a bit pretentious, but I quite like him. He is very wordy, mind. If Kermode's Premier League, Plumb is a Sunday League substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back