Alexa controlled gadgets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bought a smart plug. £25 to turn the lamp on and off. Need my head examining.

Class like. Can’t think of anything better to use it on. If you use on tv then I guess it’s off at the wall so surely when it comes back on it’s in standby mode.
No the telly boots up. I thought that might be the case like, initially.

I paid 25 quid for a tp link smart plug first, but there was an offer on sonoff plugs 2 for 22quid not long ago so got them anarl, came from owerseas like so took a while.

No the telly boots up. I thought that might be the case like, initially.

I paid 25 quid for a tp link smart plug first, but there was an offer on sonoff plugs 2 for 22quid not long ago so got them anarl, came from owerseas like so took a while.
Got the tp one for £25 in curry’s. Might get some more if I see an offer. Don’t even use the lamp it’s plugged into :lol:

Hue lamps are canny, if you live in a council house with bog standard bayonet ceiling rose lamp holders. Most people have a decent multi lamp light fittings these days so the hue lamps are incompatible a lot of the time.

We use ours with our Harmony remote to switch the telly on and change channels.
Just ordered a harmony with the hub. Any good?

Hue lamps are canny, if you live in a council house with bog standard bayonet ceiling rose lamp holders. Most people have a decent multi lamp light fittings these days so the hue lamps are incompatible a lot of the time.

Just ordered a harmony with the hub. Any good?
Aye. Pain to set up but works great eventually and you can use Alexa with it easily.

I just press a switch for my lights. Works great tbh.

Same with the heating and the tele.

I got bought an Echo Dot and that Alexa bird I find doesn't know very much but makes great fart noises if you ask her to.

Most of the lights in ours have hue bulbs linked to Alexa or Ikea cheapies, and I'm going to get a smart plug to do the Xmas tree lights this year cos I hate trying to turn the buggers on and off with awkward placed sockets. Have routines set to turn the radio and raise the lighting on a morning instead of forgetting to put the clock radio alarm clock on.

Most of the lights in ours have hue bulbs linked to Alexa or Ikea cheapies, and I'm going to get a smart plug to do the Xmas tree lights this year cos I hate trying to turn the buggers on and off with awkward placed sockets. Have routines set to turn the radio and raise the lighting on a morning instead of forgetting to put the clock radio alarm clock on.
Recommend me a smart plug that I can get that would work with Alexa to turn the tree off. I always forget and I have to get out of bed every sodding night to turn them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back