Alex Pritchard

It seems pretty obvious to me that the club were trying hard to get Pritchard out the door last summer and it was an annoyance to them that he didn’t leave. Mowbray hinted that he wasn’t playing Pritchard because he’d been told other players needed minutes and Pritchard wasn’t part of the clubs plans going forward.

Plenty on here for whom the club can never do a thing wrong said Mowbray wasn’t playing Pritchard because he obviously didn’t rate him not that he was being told who to play by others at the club.

One of Mowbray’s first signings at Birmingham…..Pritchard 🤔

He acted professionally when the club were trying to move him on last summer. He acted professional through the season up to the point the club publicly announced that contract offer end of January. He was clearly upset by that.

I personally felt the club were out of order how they handled his situation and the “contract offer” in January.

He let himself and the fans down though with how he reacted. He should have been available for that game and then left with his head held high. Suppose we’ll never know if there was a big bust up behind the scenes or whether it was that he just didn’t want to risk an injury the day ahead of his move. They all kept their council after the move.

The club can’t complain though, they’d been actively trying to move him for months
It’s been massively disputed that the club tried to move him on. Nick Barnes who isn’t afraid to have a dig at the ownership said it was totally untrue. He said while the club were willing to let him go they were more than happy for him to stay and it was actually Prtichard who pushed for the move.

Gooch actually said as much about him leaving for Stoke. He said while he was sad to be leaving he was pleased he was able to do it on his own terms.

Big difference between being happy for someone to leave and forcing them out the door.

Awww aye, dont get me wrong, the owner isn't great at all. In fact he is shite, and reason the players who were any good are going , and then getting criticised. Probably not finished yet , and Clarke be the next to get it from some.

Because he is a pro who is offered a year and his trusted manager criticised the model and was sacked , so he did.
Did you even notice the article ? Is that Venus fault? Or Rowett? Or their DOF?? Or the Huddersfield coaches?? For the record I would not have given that contract to an ageing player who can’t finish a game who plays well one in 3 then gets a kick for 6 weeks who gobs off at our coach after being subbed for playing shite who blocks you ye development of Rigg. Not sure who people support at times.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the club were trying hard to get Pritchard out the door last summer and it was an annoyance to them that he didn’t leave. Mowbray hinted that he wasn’t playing Pritchard because he’d been told other players needed minutes and Pritchard wasn’t part of the clubs plans going forward.

Plenty on here for whom the club can never do a thing wrong said Mowbray wasn’t playing Pritchard because he obviously didn’t rate him not that he was being told who to play by others at the club.

One of Mowbray’s first signings at Birmingham…..Pritchard 🤔
Spot on .

If Clarke goes then only Roberts left from the playoff team I loved watching, and i feel he is on a downer as well.

Find it crazy people are acting like we offered him £20 a week or something. He was offered the same wages for an extra year, while not amazing it’s not exactly massively unfair. He got a better deal and went elsewhere which is fine but he should not have refused to play.

At the start of the season the club hoped their new signings would be a level above Pritchard. So why give him minutes you could be developing the young lads if there was potential he could still leave? He didn’t leave and the club realised the new signings weren’t up to level yet, so Pritchard came back into the team and was offered his deal.

Last edited:
It’s been massively disputed that the club tried to move him on. Nick Barnes who isn’t afraid to have a dig at the ownership said it was totally untrue. He said while the club were willing to let him go they were more than happy for him to stay and it was actually Prtichard who pushed for the move.

Gooch actually said as much about him leaving for Stoke. He said while he was sad to be leaving he was pleased he was able to do it on his own terms.

Big difference between being happy for someone to leave and forcing them out the door.
Of course he was pushing for a move. He’d been told since the summer he didn’t have a future here :lol:

Can't find the article so just copied it from a Sunderland group

"Birmingham local media reporting that Alex Pritchard was dropped for the game v Coventry after an altercation with coaching staff during and after the game v Cardiff when he was asked to play out of position.

Causing problems again at yet another club
It was actually along the lines of no one knew what they were doing so he was gesturing to the bench to ask wtf are we meant to be doing.

Pritchard was a top player for us , especially his link up with Ross. They should have recognised Stewart's ability and offered him a better contract long before Southampton raided us with an offer we couldn't refuse, it went on over a year. Both loved playing here .

See Clarke this Summer probably , for exactly the same.

Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
offering Stewart stupid money would have been mental as he’s not kicked a ball for ages.

Back