Alex Pritchard

Can't find the article so just copied it from a Sunderland group

"Birmingham local media reporting that Alex Pritchard was dropped for the game v Coventry after an altercation with coaching staff during and after the game v Cardiff when he was asked to play out of position.

Causing problems again at yet another club
How the mighty have fallen. Could’ve gone down as a well respected championship player and well liked bloke but had to chase the money. Uncle tony (hope he’s alright) must be regretting it
Well liked bloke Pritch , great pro around the club but was pissed on . Think folk have forgotten what Speakman is all about.
He was on like £300k yr. if that’s being pissed on then Jesus

Last edited:
How the mighty have fallen. Could’ve gone down as a well respected championship player and well liked bloke but had to chase the money. Uncle tony (hope he’s alright) must be regretting it
Chase the money . You mean more than a 1 year on same money . He agreed with Tony and didn't quite take to dance offs.

Chase the money . You mean more than a 1 year on same money . He agreed with Tony and didn't quite take to dance offs.
doesn’t excuse the toy throwing and big baby refusing to play under contract. If he’d bowed out at the end of the season I’d have respected him. The way things are at the club atm who could blame him? There’s ways and means.

They should have recognised Stewart's ability and offered him a better contract long before Southampton raided us with an offer we couldn't refuse,
We should have offered Stewart a better contract? You do realise that his playing time this seaon amounts to two substitute appearances and he's still injured? Just as well you're not involved in running the Club.

Raided by Southampton, yer right.

We should have offered Stewart a better contract? You do realise that his playing time this seaon amounts to two substitute appearances and he's still injured? Just as well you're not involved in running the Club.

Raided by Southampton, yer right.
So you think the contract offer was not discussed when we got promoted I take it

Has Speakman refused to do his job cos of the restrictions on spend ?
Awww aye, dont get me wrong, the owner isn't great at all. In fact he is shite, and reason the players who were any good are going , and then getting criticised. Probably not finished yet , and Clarke be the next to get it from some.
We can’t chose our bosses why should he?
Because he is a pro who is offered a year and his trusted manager criticised the model and was sacked , so he did.

Last edited:
He acted professionally when the club were trying to move him on last summer. He acted professional through the season up to the point the club publicly announced that contract offer end of January. He was clearly upset by that.

I personally felt the club were out of order how they handled his situation and the “contract offer” in January.

He let himself and the fans down though with how he reacted. He should have been available for that game and then left with his head held high. Suppose we’ll never know if there was a big bust up behind the scenes or whether it was that he just didn’t want to risk an injury the day ahead of his move. They all kept their council after the move.

The club can’t complain though, they’d been actively trying to move him for months

Last edited:
I don’t ever recall there being any mention of him being trouble here at all. The only issue he ever had, and he didn’t really cover himself in glory was when he refused to play just prior to being sold. I think it’s fair to say he felt he was treat poorly and only he knows the full ins and outs of that. My only issue with him is how he left the club. Nobody came out of that with any credit on either side.

He was on like £300k yr. if that’s being pissed on then Jesus
Not sure about you but if I was offered more money for doing the same job, I’d be off

Back