Alex Palmer (Suggested Signing)

Looked good at Lincoln last season worth a bid or a loan for the season. Definitely an improvement on Burge and played 46 games last season. Lincoln have taken their other young keeper Griffiths on loan and with Johnson looking to leave it could be a tough one - but we could guarantee him first team football. Would imagine you could get him for under £1m (???) which would be well worth it given how much keepers cost us last season. Just a thought / wishful thinking given the concern going into the season with Burge as our no.1.

I think we need a new keeper. Burge was a big reason why we didn't go up and he needs replacing.

I hope Patterson takes the no.1 spot and shows he is good enough but it is a big risk

I personally don't buy into the whole theory that if we play Burge this season we wont be promoted. We had 70 goals scored and 42 conceded, Peterborough had 83 scored and 46 conceded, Hull had 80 scored and 38 conceded. To me that suggests that we struggled to score more than we had a leaky keeper.

Looked good at Lincoln last season worth a bid or a loan for the season. Definitely an improvement on Burge and played 46 games last season. Lincoln have taken their other young keeper Griffiths on loan and with Johnson looking to leave it could be a tough one - but we could guarantee him first team football. Would imagine you could get him for under £1m (???) which would be well worth it given how much keepers cost us last season. Just a thought / wishful thinking given the concern going into the season with Burge as our no.1.
Going by our recent transfer activity it would have to be a long way under £1M i.e. £999,999

I personally don't buy into the whole theory that if we play Burge this season we wont be promoted. We had 70 goals scored and 42 conceded, Peterborough had 83 scored and 46 conceded, Hull had 80 scored and 38 conceded. To me that suggests that we struggled to score more than we had a leaky keeper.
I look at keepers and ask do they win us games , he doesn't, he's not a good keeper just very average

I look at keepers and ask do they win us games , he doesn't, he's not a good keeper just very average
I don't think there's a keeper in the league that you can look at for a whole season and say he's going to win us games tbh. Just based on the last few seasons in the league defence has been pretty solid, and always up there with the best in the league, attacking wise we've been poor. I just think because of the wage spending limits we should prioritise other positions atm

Back