Aldi own v branded products

They do some canny wines- there’s a few decent Sauvignon blancs- Makaraka and freeman’s bay for around a fiver on a par with £8-£10 bottles

Oh and I drink their Oliver Cromwell Dry Gin with their tonic, which are spot on for an everyday gin.

I always use that as an example of good Aldi own brand stuff. Pretty much indistinguishable from Gordons when I tasted them side by side. The white rum however was rank. The bourbon was decent mind, though I’m not a regular drinker of it.

Their Weetabix was revolting.

Cant remember which one it was but they brought out a range of single malt whiskeys for £18 that were reviewed by experts and they were as good as any bottle under £50. We've been through 2 bottles , its class stuff for your every day run of the mill dram

I got myself some Aldi Kit Kats at the weekend...and must say I actually preferred them to the real thing. Have many others found Aldi products they prefer to the branded equivalents?
Not sure if they are better but they are certainly as good as the real thing. I once got one which was all chocolate so that was a bonus.
I use their own brand Bran Flakes and muesli and their Head and Shoulders rip off shampoo.

Back