Alcoholism update 3 ish

and yet holidays are still frowned upon in our society, as over indulgent and pointless. Then people wonder why so many people struggle with mental health issues...
I cannot stand GP’s and have said it for years on here, 10 minute appointment anti-depressants no blood test.
Absolute *****.

I appreciated all the stick I used to get, I did realise it’s not just down to vitamin D though.
It’s much deeper at times.

My best mate ...who drinks very little in terms of amounts of alcohol was poorly at Easter.

He'd complained of a bloated stomach for a couple of weeks. On Easter Sunday he vomited 6 pints of blood in 12 hours. He was incredibly lucky to survive.

Turns our his liver is wrecked, no warning despite loads of blood tests. Diabetes type 2 has knacked him....he's got two choices a transplant or death. So, so sad. He's a beautiful gentle man, always interested in what everyone else is doing, never talks about himself. He's a absolute star and I'm absolutely spent at what might happen.

Last edited:
I cannot stand GP’s and have said it for years on here, 10 minute appointment anti-depressants no blood test.
Absolute *****.

I appreciated all the stick I used to get, I did realise it’s not just down to vitamin D though.
It’s much deeper at times.
mrs overlord is Polish, and she tells me the difference between their healthcare system and ours. Blood tests are a first port of call, and they test to look for deficiencies before going anywhere near medication.

Over here, Steroids and like you say, Anti-depressants are flung at people. Yet try getting antibiotics for an infection, nightmare.

mrs overlord is Polish, and she tells me the difference between their healthcare system and ours. Blood tests are a first port of call, and they test to look for deficiencies before going anywhere near medication.

Over here, Steroids and like you say, Anti-depressants are flung at people. Yet try getting antibiotics for an infection, nightmare.
It’s been a debate I’ve had for years on here, although it did get me banned off a thread, not so much medication though it was around other forms of therapy.

There will be plenty that have been on medication for years that have never had a blood test, well other than possibly one to check the medication isn’t destroying their organs.

There are certainly plenty of Guinea pigs, that’s for sure.

I've actually gotten my drinking under the cosh and coping ok. My mental health has taken a hit....anyone had issue similar. No motivation, listless... I've fucked up too. Not through drink.
Hi mate. Takes a lot for me to post about the worst. Been sober a long time (though still cock up inevitably) but I still get paralysed by the worst things I have done in drink. Not terrible terrible things but I've screwed up every relationship and friendship I ever had.

For a while, I reckoned I would fck up almost to recreate the buzz of it. I was bored without it. Everyone expected me to screw up so I'd just do it anyway, even when sober.

it takes a long long time. Good days are good days. Bad ones are terrible.

Aye. Or an addiction section which could include gambling, drugs etc too.
Something like this would transform the forum like. Not been on here long enough but the humour and good naturedness shine through occasionally but the horribleness and boasting and putting people down is notable. It should be a force for good

Back