Alan White, Yes drummer. Dnyt.

Outstanding musician. Can't have been easy taking over from Bill Bruford. Always loved his terrific "tour de force" playing on this track from Rick Wakeman. Released just prior to his later work with the band.

Weren’t they supposed to be touring soon
They are. They had recently announced that Alan White was stepping back from the tour due to ill health and is being replaced by Jay Schellen. Schellen has toured with them before with White coming on for a few songs at the end and this was the intention this time but unfortunately time caught up on him. I interviewed Alan White a few years ago too. Nice man.

Sad news, saw Alan playing with Yes many many times over the years. Still have virtually everything they done on vinyl. This along with Vangelis and Andy Fletcher has made it a sad few days. R.I.P Alan.

They are. They had recently announced that Alan White was stepping back from the tour due to ill health and is being replaced by Jay Schellen. Schellen has toured with them before with White coming on for a few songs at the end and this was the intention this time but unfortunately time caught up on him. I interviewed Alan White a few years ago too. Nice man.

Did he play with the bEatles once? Or maybe John Lennon solo?
RIP anyway.
He played for Lennon and George Harrison.

Back