Airbus to scrap the A380

Not at all - flew in both and the seats in the 747 are more comfortable
The 747 is much noisier and the internal climate control pants compared to both the A380 and the Dreamliner. Seat configuration is down to which airline you travel with but those 2 factors I’ve listed determine how fresh you feel after a long flight.

Don't blame it on sunshine, don't blame it on moonlight, don't blame it on the good times..............blame it on the BREXIT ? .
Not a factor this time. Nobody has even hinted as such.

The 747 is much noisier and the internal climate control pants compared to both the A380 and the Dreamliner. Seat configuration is down to which airline you travel with but those 2 factors I’ve listed determine how fresh you feel after a long flight.

Yay, happy days xx

Let's be honest - once you are cruising on either the intetnal noise is negligible. The seat design on the BA 747 is hard to beat - I am talking economy class though

The A380 was at it’s introduction the most fuel efficient plane per passenger. The problem is that the plane is rarely full which puts that and in turn costs up.

I flew Heathrow to Dubai on a 10pm flight which gets in at about 8am, ideal times for travelling if you can get some sleep on the plane and the flight was only about 1/3rd full.

This is a company who saw their future in developing an aircraft that can only take off / land at a small number of airports ....... ....

I am sure the broughton site will be able to repurpose their facilities for other aircraft though

When they say scrap it’s not really accurate
They have no orders after this reduced order and with nothing else ordered they are halting it but not scrapping it. If someone orders another 50, I’m sure they will carry on.

You can only mothball facilities such as those required for 380 production for so long.

Marketing will have already told them its a dead duck

due to insufficient demand.

Shame as it's one of, if not the best long-haul commercial plane around. I like the Dreamliner as well, but the A380 pips it for me for comfort, space & low noise levels.

Demand never really kicked in as airlines plumped for smaller more fuel efficient models instead.

A few hundred jobs may be affected in the UK where we build the wings, but hopefully they can be shifted onto work on other models.

Airbus scraps A380 giant jet as sales slump

Leg room on the Dreamliner is very crammed like. You get more leg room on Jet2.

I know a few lads at Airbus and the A380 was always seen as a vanity project.

However they should be ok, as even without any new orders they still have enough pipeline for something ridiculous like 20 years across the various planes.

Back