Agility/athleticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NickLad

I have been a regular in gym for three years now. Mostly weights.

I believe that I have too much mass and that I am not quite as agile when doing cardio or playing football, as I used to be. How can I direct training towards improving these areas? Issue is, I really enjoy lifting weights though I believe I should get no bigger.

Any thoughts?

I have started to do 25 mins on x-trainer and it helps, but it's quite boring. When I lift weights I do progressively heavier sets of max of 10 reps.

Cardio will be my focus. I agree.

Anyone on here had any experience with reducing bulk?

You don't need to do lighter weights, higher reps. Do heavier weights, less isolation exercises and lower reps and you'll reduce bulk while increasing power to weight ratio.

Agility is something that you'll need to specifically work on to see vast improvements though.

I am not a pro by any means so surely it doesn't matter if I don't go with the full mass-building craic. tbh, I may just base my workouts around cardio and barbell bench press

Pilates.

.... and shouldn't you lift heavy weights 1st then get progressively lighter as you max out your muscles, the opposite to what you're currently doing ?

Pilates.

.... and shouldn't you lift heavy weights 1st then get progressively lighter as you max out your muscles, the opposite to what you're currently doing ?

You can do drop-sets. Good for fatigue.

Do them sometimes myself.

Never going to be a professional athlete or indeed a professional weightlifter but I need to find that optimum area in terms of strength and fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back