Aggers

Is this something that can be pasted so I could read it? I'm working in China at the minute and I'm struggling to access the BBC even using VPN. I'm using ESPNcricinfo to keep up to date with the Test.

Appreciate it. Cheers.

Is this something that can be pasted so I could read it? I'm working in China at the minute and I'm struggling to access the BBC even using VPN. I'm using ESPNcricinfo to keep up to date with the Test.

Appreciate it. Cheers.

Can you get on Twitter? There’s a twitter link on the TMS thread.

Can you get on Twitter? There’s a twitter link on the TMS thread.

No you can't access Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google...it's like stepping back into the 90's working out here...no WhatsApp...I've had to resort to reading books n stuff...;)

No YouTube either as I sometimes listen to TMS audio through a channel on there when I can't get on the BBC...

Last edited:
No you can't access Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google...it's like stepping back into the 90's working out here...no WhatsApp...I've had to resort to reading books n stuff...;)

No YouTube either as I sometimes listen to TMS audio through a channel on there when I can't get on the BBC...

North Korea you say :eek:

North Korea you say :eek:
:lol:

Not quite...I think it's something to do with these companies not agreeing to the Chinese governments privacy laws so they can't operate over here.

Not to worry if it can't be pasted...just thought it might be worth a read.

:lol:

Not quite...I think it's something to do with these companies not agreeing to the Chinese governments privacy laws so they can't operate over here.

Not to worry if it can't be pasted...just thought it might be worth a read.
My Dad, John Taylor, had – unlike the current England batting line-up – dug in and battled doggedly to reach 83.

He built gradually through his 50s as a true gentleman, a pharmacist, a sportsman and a father of two boys before unexpected cloud cover descended just as he was looking to break free from the shackles and play with the freedom that retirement would bring.

On an ever-increasingly sticky wicket, he faced up and defended against a beamer in the form of leukemia, the yorker of muscular dystrophy, the googly of Parkinson’s, the reverse swing of diabetes, and latterly, was struck down by the vicious bouncer of dementia.

But like fellow Yorkshireman Brian Close, he never winced, complained or succumbed to the temptation of amateur dramatics, he just accepted the cards he was dealt and squeezed every last drop out of life that he could on a single-by-single basis with his amazing care team acting as runners.

On 83, dad finally faced the inevitable, unplayable delivery and left the field of play.

I use this cricket analogy because TMS has been and will continue to be an institution of great importance to generations of our family.

Dad was rushed to hospital on Thursday 9th August with another bad chest infection. On Friday, we were told that he had 24 to 48 hours to live and that he may in fact never regain consciousness.

On the Saturday I visited Dad in hospital with my wife, and after an hour she had the inspirational idea of getting Test Match Special on my mobile.

After five minutes, he opened his eyes and was completely in the room and aware of us. He was able to convey that he was comfortable and was at peace.

I was able to tell him what a wonderful father he is and just how much I love him.

Not one comfortable with massive shows of emotion, after 15 minutes he requested that we listen to the cricket.

For three hours we listened to Chris Woakes crashing it about at Lord’s and making his maiden Test century.

We got a digital radio into Dad’s hospital room and he listened to Test Match Special the next day.

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that he passed peacefully just after England had sealed victory.

Arlott, Jonners, Aggers - the holy trinity. I fear Aggers will be the last of a great line, don’t see any of the modern TMS crew filling his boots.

That’s the big worry.

An even bigger worry is they seem desperate to force the female agenda and so Aggers will no doubt be replaced by a woman who is completely and utterly woeful.

Norcross for me is the natural replacement, he’s been a fantastic addition. I’m even warming to Dagnall, he’s got a fantastic voice for radio.

That’s the big worry.

An even bigger worry is they seem desperate to force the female agenda and so Aggers will no doubt be replaced by a woman who is completely and utterly woeful.

Norcross for me is the natural replacement, he’s been a fantastic addition. I’m even warming to Dagnall, he’s got a fantastic voice for radio.
I agree about Dagnall, he’s the best of modern crew IMO. I’ve a feeling Sky will get their hooks in to him though, I see he’s already doing T20 commentaries for them.

I agree about Dagnall, he’s the best of modern crew IMO. I’ve a feeling Sky will get their hooks in to him though, I see he’s already doing T20 commentaries for them.
Didn't Dagnall come from Sky in the first place … he always used to present The Verdict.

Back