After Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like Gervais but he doesn't half go on about how wealthy he is. His live shows are full of it.
I've listened to his radio shows from around 20 years ago and he's became someone he used to take the piss out of can't stand him nowadays, watched 2 episodes of Afterlife though and seems decent so far.

Imagine not liking The Office :lol:
Imagine liking anything he's done since The Office. He stumbled on the character of David Brent because it's pretty much who he is - a cheesy creep with minimal self-awareness. Derek is the bottom of a very low barrel - it's painfully shit. Tried this After Life and it's just him walking about calling everybody a **** and being a sanctimonious arsehole. It's like the last episode of Extras stretched out for a whole series.

Imagine liking anything he's done since The Office. He stumbled on the character of David Brent because it's pretty much who he is - a cheesy creep with minimal self-awareness. Derek is the bottom of a very low barrel - it's painfully shit. Tried this After Life and it's just him walking about calling everybody a **** and being a sanctimonious arsehole. It's like the last episode of Extras stretched out for a whole series.

Derek is brilliant. Subtle, beautiful, heart warming and a splash of humour.

Imagine not liking The Office :lol:
Aye your'e right like.

I disagree completely with that like:lol:

Everything he does is very well thought out & Normally lasts only two series which is a shame.

Last edited:
Aye your'e right like.

I disagree completely with that like:lol:

Everything he does is very well thought out & Normally lasts only two series which is a shame.

He leaves us wanting more. At least he doesn't drag things out like most else on the box. Short, sharp, sweet. I'm really looking forward to Afterlife.

He's brilliant at writing and directing like. Two episodes in and we've had a good few belly laughs already. The bit with the fish fingers and beans man.

He writes such simple stories and ideas but tells them so well, finds both the humour and sadness in mundane settings and modern life in general.

Always loved him since the xfm radio show with karl and Stephen merchant.
Appreciate that his humour isn't for everyone but he really is clever

I've listened to his radio shows from around 20 years ago and he's became someone he used to take the piss out of can't stand him nowadays, watched 2 episodes of Afterlife though and seems decent so far.
He was a bragging fucker as long ago as his audio book / podcasts with Merchant and Pilkington in the mid 2000s. I haven't listened to them in 10 years but I remember he kept dropping in little comments about his celebrity status and stuff.

He's brilliant at writing and directing like. Two episodes in and we've had a good few belly laughs already. The bit with the fish fingers and beans man.

He writes such simple stories and ideas but tells them so well, finds both the humour and sadness in mundane settings and modern life in general.

Always loved him since the xfm radio show with karl and Stephen merchant.
Appreciate that his humour isn't for everyone but he really is clever
I got a few real laugh out loud moments. The fish finger bit caught me by surprise like :lol:
The bit when the bloke farts and he bursts in the house killed me :lol: I had to pause it because it genuinely had me in tears.

I’m a huge fan of the XFM stuff and the Ricky Gervais show on HBO. I do see some joke get repeated but they work brilliant with some parts

That David Brent film was horrific
His worst work. It didn’t even remind me of Brent. The original was a little loser than wanted to be liked and thought he was funny.
The film version told dirty jokes and tried to act like an (over exaggerated) embarrassing dad

Last edited:

Fortunately other options are available. Is Michael McIntyre touring currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back