Afghanistan Cricket

The Rat

Striker
I know it’s awful they banned women, I get it.

but banning the men’s team is so so counter productive and achieves nothing but to punish an innocent group of extremely talented players

the idea that by banning the men’s the talaban will get the message Is laughable

it’s the talaban!!!

People just paying living service to make themselves look better, I can’t see how banning them achieves anything practically

Am I wrong?

I really feel this is the wrong thing to do.

I know it’s awful they banned women, I get it.

but banning the men’s team is so so counter productive and achieves nothing but to punish an innocent group of extremely talented players

the idea that by banning the men’s the talaban will get the message Is laughable

it’s the talaban!!!

People just paying living service to make themselves look better, I can’t see how banning them achieves anything practically

Am I wrong?

I really feel this is the wrong thing to do.
Yep, fully agree.

The ICC’s thought process:

“Afghanistan’s Women Cricketers are being persecuted by the Taliban. What should we do to help?”

“I know! We’ll persecute Afghanistan’s blokes to level it up!!”

Idiots.

Yep, fully agree.

The ICC’s thought process:

“Afghanistan’s Women Cricketers are being persecuted by the Taliban. What should we do to help?”

“I know! We’ll persecute Afghanistan’s blokes to level it up!!”

Idiots.

It’s a human rights issue in the country, surely? Like Apartheid. I’m sure white South Africans would have rustled together an unpersecuted team in the 1970s…

It’s a human rights issue in the country, surely? Like Apartheid. I’m sure white South Africans would have rustled together an unpersecuted team in the 1970s…
I feel like the fundamental difference is that apartheid wanted a cricket side as a sign of prestige. While the taliban see cricket as fundamentally against their ideology (even if at the moment they are happy for it to continue to subdue the population and quell internal unrest best they can).

If the Taliban wants to be recognised as a legitimate state, e.g other gulf states with fundamental Islamic rulers, they should care how they are projected on the world stage - including sport/cricket - but they haven’t thought that way previously. It’s really hard to know what is the correct way of doing things.

Sorry lads , but can’t be having the Taliban being legitimation being through cricket. They are a brutal regime - most of us recognise this, apart from Imran Kahn the prick, who is also head of the PCB - they should not be given any leeway while they brutally exploit their own people.

Sorry lads , but can’t be having the Taliban being legitimation being through cricket. They are a brutal regime - most of us recognise this, apart from Imran Kahn the prick, who is also head of the PCB - they should not be given any leeway while they brutally exploit their own people.
Don’t think it’s the taliban wanting leeway and doubt they give a flying fuck about their national cricket team tbh. It’s the 15-20 blokes who’ve worked hard to get to the World Cup in a couple of months that are being punished in the name of what? Hardly as if this stance is going to resonate through is it?

Many nations have tried at government level for decades to change their stance but they’ll be swayed by a cricket competition ban?

Forget that, this is bigger than that! Ffs this ant just about cricket, letting the Taliban legitimase cricket is not acceptable.
Imran Khan for saying they are acceptable should also be shit down, the prick

Last edited:
It's tough on the players and the fans, but if a country bans half their population from playing cricket then the only sensible thing for ICC to do is to sanction that country. In this instance I can't see a way other than banning the men's team until the women are given the right to play.

Wtf is Imran Khan president of Pakistan and head of the cricket board ?!? Thought politics and sports don’t mix when these fuckers moan.

It's tough on the players and the fans, but if a country bans half their population from playing cricket then the only sensible thing for ICC to do is to sanction that country. In this instance I can't see a way other than banning the men's team until the women are given the right to play.

yeah i don't really think there's any way of avoiding it, shitty as it is for the team and country who deserve better

England pretty much has no moral high ground on this one anymore...
Forget that, this is bigger than that! Ffs this ant just about cricket, letting the Taliban legitimase cricket is not acceptable.
Imran Khan for saying they are acceptable should also be shit down, the prick
Not really his position, mate. Strange rant, this. Nuanced as he's trying to avoid (more) civil war on his doorstep, but...

From a quick google:

Pakistan was a key ally of the previous Taliban government in Afghanistan between 1996 and 2001, but has withheld recognition of the armed group’s new government in the country, with Pakistani leaders saying any decision on recognition would require regional consensus.

Khan, who recently attended a summit of regional countries as well as Russia and China under the aegis of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), said that recognition would depend on three factors.

“All of us [in the SCO] decided that we would collectively take a decision to recognise Afghanistan, and that decision will depend on will they have an inclusive government, their assurance of human rights, and that Afghan soil should not be used for terrorism, and neighbours are the most worried about that,” he said in the BBC interview on Tuesday.

Khan said Pakistan would push the Taliban to form a politically and ethnically inclusive government, “because there will not be any long term sustainable peace or stability unless all the factions, all the ethnic groups, are represented”.

Last edited:
Afghanistan’s new Taliban rulers have sacked Hamid Shinwari, the chief executive of the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB), and replaced him with Naseeb Khan in the second major change in the game’s top governing body since the group captured power last month.

Back