Administration?

Im not denying he has taken us down or arguing the case for him to stay, just making the point that the Short Out brigade weren't complaining when we were enjoying our longest ever run in the top flight.

He has got us into a lot of debt but administration is highly unlikely, despite the rumours.
You've had a calamity here. I can smell a sky boy.

Have you even tried looking? Have a google have a look for Corrie cast and city forums etc.

So what you want me to look around forums and make judgements on people talking absolute shite or take the word from a long standing friend who knew him from his days at city?

Although I am not going to search around, were these "allegations" before or after his arrest?

Anyway, I am not going to keep going over this.
Hopefully, someone may have a look over this thread and maybe even ask you why you have written this. That would be interesting. :eek:

If he doesn't find a buyer it will happen, but not for a couple of seasons, monies to be recieved from assest stripping, fees received and some more parachute money.
Once the debt is down below maybe 25 million and there nowt left to pawn he'll pull the plug

Are people still so deluded think this is happening and we're having money syhponed out?

Ellis Short will not put us through administration - it makes no f***ing sense at all.

SBC might if the shit really hit the fan somewhere down the line, but Ellis could stop it happening to protect his own money both in terms of owning the club and the monies he's owed.

What we've sold in terms of players etc etc won't be directly paid of the debt unless installments are due. It will be structured against payments so as Administration doesn't happen as revenue continues to fall.

As said previously Ellis would be better off selling for £20m than letting administration happen. Clearly that he didn't sell for more than that means he's trying to get the club on a better financial footing to make it more saleable.

50m in wages per season then, that equates to every squad player earning c40-50k a week. I'd be surprised if no more than 10 players where on that sort of money.

On those figures then we must have spent more on agents and loan fees than transfer fees. Wonder whose agents got the lions share?

50 m in wages? We were spending about £23m under McCarthy in 2004 in the Championship after mass cuts, try adding about £20m to £35m for most seasons in the top flight.

Last edited:
Johnson was class.
Adam Johnson was a well known wrongun at city where he was known to take part in somewhat odd practices.

Anyone who was in the football world would of been well aware of this.

Tbh mate this isn't a debate around Johnsons footballing ability, nobody can deny that he was class at football if a little inconsistent. Coeus is abcolutely right when he says that it was very well known that he was a wrongun and a shit person by not only those in footballig circles but by most with even a passing interest in the off field side of the game, I mean Jesus Christ even I knew. I doubt anybody could have guessed just how much of a wrongun he would turn out to be, but at the very least it was obvious that he wouldn't be having a positive impact on our behind the scenes issues and would engrain the problems further. O'Neil either knew that or suffered from some form of brain damage given his position in the game. The question was do you risk those problems for such a talented player on the field, O'Neil and the majority of fans/the football world said yes.
The damage that signing did to our club and reputation is bigger than anything anybody has done here positive or negative since Porterfields goal against Leeds. We will be known as the club that hid a nonce, tried to cover up for him, and a fan base that proudly sang his name, amongst fans in the uk for the 2 generations.

I think this was well documented at the time.

The poster was alluding to more though with his "odd practices" comment.
There was nothing to suggest that Johnson was "odd" when we purchased him and most footballers are known to have a sinking culture.

The poster that stated that was just making it up to indicate that the purchase of Johnson was a poor one from the off set (a disaster waiting to happen) when in reality he was one of our better signings.
If he had not of done what he had of, we would have made money back off this transfer which the fact of the matter is would have been only one of countless signings that would have been a success during shorts reign.

I'll tell you point blank, because I actually know it's facts so I'm not scared of the 'libel' that people hide behind. He used to see prostitutes regularly, manipulate the young lasses that worked as hostesses in nightclubs and tell them he could get them into modelling if he could pay them to spend the night with him, there's the Katie Price thing that has been brought up but he was also involved with other c list lasses and models that liked 'dates' on the side, Kim Marsh from Corrie for a start, he was partial to the smell of a certain powder, and went out on the piss whenever he could, add to that we now know he used to go home and watch animals fuck people then it can be defined by odd. If I had a mate that behaved like that I'd certainly call him odd too. I know this because I've been told first hand by those that managed the clubs he went to. The bloke used to get a thrill out of feeling like he 'owned' people, that can look like a daft lad playing billy big bollocks on a big salary from the outside, but then again these aren't my words. This post will probably be deleted but I don't care.

Even the sky coverage on SSN on the day we signed him mentioned "hopefully it's time for Johnson to start a fresh and leave his problems in Manchester and concentrate on getting back to his best for England".

All this is discounting everything that happened since.

Last edited:
Tbh mate this isn't a debate around Johnsons footballing ability, nobody can deny that he was class at football if a little inconsistent. Coeus is abcolutely right when he says that it was very well known that he was a wrongun and a shit person by not only those in footballig circles but by most with even a passing interest in the off field side of the game, I mean Jesus Christ even I knew. I doubt anybody could have guessed just how much of a wrongun he would turn out to be, but at the very least it was obvious that he wouldn't be having a positive impact on our behind the scenes issues and would engrain the problems further. O'Neil either knew that or suffered from some form of brain damage given his position in the game. The question was do you risk those problems for such a talented player on the field, O'Neil and the majority of fans/the football world said yes.
The damage that signing did to our club and reputation is bigger than anything anybody has done here positive or negative since Porterfields goal against Leeds. We will be known as the club that hid a nonce, tried to cover up for him, and a fan base that proudly sang his name, amongst fans in the uk for the 2 generations.

I'll tell you point blank, because I actually know it's facts so I'm not scared of the 'libel' that people hide behind. He used to see prostitutes regularly, manipulate the young lasses that worked as hostesses in nightclubs and tell them he could get them into modelling if he could pay them to spend the night with him, there's the Katie Price thing that has been brought up but he was also involved with other c list lasses and models that liked 'dates' on the side, Kim Marsh from Corrie for a start, he was partial to the smell of a certain powder, and went out on the piss whenever he could, add to that we now know he used to go home and watch animals fuck people then it can be defined by odd. If I had a mate that behaved like that I'd certainly call him odd too. I know this because I've been told first hand by those that managed the clubs he went to. The bloke used to get a thrill out of feeling like he 'owned' people, that can look like a daft lad playing billy big bollocks on a big salary from the outside, but then again these aren't my words. This post will probably be deleted but I don't care.

Even the sky coverage on SSN on the day we signed him mentioned "hopefully it's time for Johnson to start a fresh and leave his problems in Manchester and concentrate on getting back to his best for England".

Absolute shite to be honest.

I think this was well documented at the time.

The poster was alluding to more though with his "odd practices" comment.
There was nothing to suggest that Johnson was "odd" when we purchased him and most footballers are known to have a sinking culture.

The poster that stated that was just making it up to indicate that the purchase of Johnson was a poor one from the off set (a disaster waiting to happen) when in reality he was one of our better signings.
If he had not of done what he had of, we would have made money back off this transfer which the fact of the matter is would have been only one of countless signings that would have been a success during shorts reign.

If your going to talk about me and call me a liar it would be best practice to tag me. Seems your the one who is spouting off and surprisingly I am far from the only one that's said it.

I know you won't admit you were wrong nor have any doubt in what appears to be a stubborn opinion. Just maybe next time don't be so headstrong in something that you don't know about to avoid looking daft again.

If your going to talk about me and call me a liar it would be best practice to tag me. Seems your the one who is spouting off and surprisingly I am far from the only one that's said it.

I know you won't admit you were wrong nor have any doubt in what appears to be a stubborn opinion. Just maybe next time don't be so headstrong in something that you don't know about to avoid looking daft again.

I am not wrong.
Carry on with your postings though. The more the better.

So what you want me to look around forums and make judgements on people talking absolute shite or take the word from a long standing friend who knew him from his days at city?

Although I am not going to search around, were these "allegations" before or after his arrest?

Anyway, I am not going to keep going over this.
Hopefully, someone may have a look over this thread and maybe even ask you why you have written this. That would be interesting. :eek:
Do what you want mate it’s up to you. I’m more interested in getting back home from Ipswich before 3am

All of what you say may be true..but its hear say!and whilst you may not be big enough fish for court action the RTG owners might be so yes I am surprised you have not been deleted!I hope the Kim Marsh thng is true for the RTG 's sake

Last edited:

Back