Adding atmosphere remotely for games in empty stadiums

Who will be monitoring what's being shouted by the fans?

Just that I suspect many people will be less PC conscious when they're alone in their own home.

Watched a Korean game last week and I'm sure they were blasting out crowd noise on the PA system. It sounded if it was appropriate to the game, corners,fouls, goals etc.

There was something like that going on with the dortmund bayern game last night night but I think it was added by the Fox sports network as when I flicked it onto bt sport there was no crowd music to be heard

One of the German clubs has taken nigh on 20,000 orders at €19 a pop to put a cardboard cut out of yourself in your actual seat :lol: :lol:

Being entirely serious I'm sure they could easily add club appropriate crowd noise and use a computer algorithm linked to the cameras to generate responses to goals, near misses, attacking, saves, tackles etc.

I'm struggling with the empty German stadiums and lack of atmosphere and even something artificial like this would be a bit better.

Technology already exists on FIFA playstation and Xbox games as far as I can tell. Certainly a constant crowd noise coming out of the kids playroom and it must be 'action' appropriate or my lads would have declared it shit by now.

One of the German clubs has taken nigh on 20,000 orders at €19 a pop to put a cardboard cut out of yourself in your actual seat :lol: :lol:

Being entirely serious I'm sure they could easily add club appropriate crowd noise and use a computer algorithm linked to the cameras to generate responses to goals, near misses, attacking, saves, tackles etc.

I'm struggling with the empty German stadiums and lack of atmosphere and even something artificial like this would be a bit better.

Im the same, I can't watch more than 20 mins at the moment with the empty stadiums and hearing just the players

Sky already add additional crowd noise over the top of attended games. They got caught out last season when they accidentally played it during a minutes silence

We could always try this.......

I recon we could only get the inflatable ones, not these realistic ones

Last edited:
Technology already exists on FIFA playstation and Xbox games as far as I can tell. Certainly a constant crowd noise coming out of the kids playroom and it must be 'action' appropriate or my lads would have declared it shit by now.

Works completely different to Fifa there bud, the game is designed in a way so it knows what's going on and even then it fucks up sometime so you score a goal to complete silence, you'd have a hard job doing it for a real game, someone would likely have to manually select the sounds the entire game.

Arsenal had a painted on crowd and sound effects when they redeveloped the North Bank in the mid 90s

Probably made for a better atmosphere. They're not the most animated bunch, are they?
Just tell our lot to pretend the whole game is taking place between 80-90 minutes so they will not notice a difference.

And more or less every other lot, too and yet we're the only ones singled out for it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The atmosphere is non existant in most English grounds tbh. Hate the bastards but leeds is the only ground I've been to where I've heard a peep from the home fans

Last edited:

Back