Sexy Pistols
The Klinks
The Book Radleys
Soupergrass
Scatatonia
Think Lizzy

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol:
Oh I know, the same as me. I sometimes can't get to sleep for daft puns elbowing their way into my head if I've been joining in with some stupid game on here or Twitter.
So here's a story based on my love of all things language related. I found out just the other night that a couple of letters in our alphabet ultimately come from Egyptian hieroglyphs and one is M, because their word for water began with an M, and the hieroglyph was something like ^^^^^^^^ - ie it looked like water. 'Bloody hell that's mental,' I said to Mr P, 'and there's another one - the letter O comes from a hieroglyph for part of the body, can you guess which?' And without missing a beat he shouted 'balloon knot' :lol::lol:

So here's a story based on my love of all things language related. I found out just the other night that a couple of letters in our alphabet ultimately come from Egyptian hieroglyphs and one is M, because their word for water began with an M, and the hieroglyph was something like ^^^^^^^^ - ie it looked like water. 'Bloody hell that's mental,' I said to Mr P, 'and there's another one - the letter O comes from a hieroglyph for part of the body, can you guess which?' And without missing a beat he shouted 'balloon knot' :lol::lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Funnily enough a few months ago, chemist, my mate was trying to teach me a little Japanese. He started with, against all logic, their heiroglyphic writing and their number system. The little I took in actually made sense and was easy to remember. He lived in Japan for 15 years and worked as an English teacher, he was supposed to teach American English but all his kids spoke with a mackem accent and could say things like canny, haway, alreet Sir and giveower. :lol:
The Zoombies
The Waiterboys
The Weldding Present
The Dave Clarke Fiver
Shocking Bluey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back