Ad blockers violate YouTube's Terms of Service

I pay £12 a month premium, I'm on YouTube all the time so it's money well spent, I hate adverts.

Plus I like that I can lock my phone and still listen to a podcast/music which I don't think I can do without premium
Class. And by paying I feel like I’m contributing to nee channels etc etc.
Stop right there
Before we go any further…..
Mr video does a great reaction to that video.

Last edited:

I pay £12 a month premium, I'm on YouTube all the time so it's money well spent, I hate adverts.

Plus I like that I can lock my phone and still listen to a podcast/music which I don't think I can do without premium
The last bits a good point like but I already pay for virgin, Amazon prime, Amazon music and netflix. Just too many subs as it is
That’s why I took the plunge on premium, noticed more ads over the last 3 month. Sometimes 5/6 ads in a 20 minute video.
So they've basically forced you into it. Didn't mind a short ad at the beginning but now you have 2 15 sec ads that you can't skip,some in the middle,plus you have the annoyance of them playing louder than the vid itself

Last edited:
The last bits a good point like but I already pay for virgin, Amazon prime, Amazon music and netflix. Just too many subs as it is
It’s a rip off for sure. I hate in app purchases too, prime being the worst for it. But I think I’d cancel the others first as I have a big playlist on YouTube.

So they've basically forced you into it. Didn't mind a short ad at the beginning but now you have 2 15 sec ads that you can't skip,some in the middle,plus you have the annoyance of them playing louder than the vid itself
Definitely, but I suppose if you watch slot of content it’s got to be paid for. No different to downloading music. Or buying petrol. Big industries need to keep the cogs greased or everything stops.

Last edited:
How much do people pay for subscriptions these days
Me bbc licence plus basic Netflix (which is shite) and thinking of getting rid
No sky Spotify…… and not done me any harm
That’s it
Some must be paying hundreds a month

It’s a rip off for sure. I hate in app purchases too, prime being the worst for it. But I think I’d cancel the others first as I have a big playlist on YouTube.

Definitely, but I suppose if you watch slot of content it’s got to be paid for. No different to downloading music. Or buying petrol. Big industries need to keep the cogs greased or everything stops.
Aye to be fair I watch it for hours on end at work, got a list of channels I like. So in that respect it's probably better value than all the other subs out together

How much do people pay for subscriptions these days
Me bbc licence plus basic Netflix (which is shite) and thinking of getting rid
No sky Spotify…… and not done me any harm
That’s it
Some must be paying hundreds a month
Just what I can remember, soon adds up
TV licence £12
Amazon prime music £8
Amazon prime £9
Netflix £18
Microsoft £26 (X2 gamepass)
Fortnite £12

Seems they've clicked that we aren't in the EU, it's illegal to do this in EU countries so it seemed to go away for a while until recently.

There are ways around it though if you use uBlock on Firefox, give it a Google.

Weirdly enough I have been trying to de-google myself in the last few months but using ad block plugin with firefox it doesn't work. So I opened up Chrome and again using ad block it works!

For my iPhone is use yYouPlus installed via altstore.

Has everyone on this thread been living under a rock? It’s been in the news for weeks now.

I heard about it a year ago. It was supposed to be implemented "near the end of 2023" but it seems they waited till the last couple of weeks. I think Google is also going to block VPNs.

Back