According to Alan Nixon….

"Contacts close to Louis-Dreyfus in France reveal that he has earmarked £60million for new faces for Sunderland."

^ First alarm bell on that story.

...and then tucked away below the photo under the headline...

"But that cash will NOT be spent all at once."

:lol:

So don't be expecting a £60m spending spree on players, lads. Even if the story's true (and that's a big "if", it even says it's not for spending all at once.

Honestly, id be happy if some of that 60m was the amount to buy out the chuckle brothers.

I'd be surprised if all 3 don't sign a new deal quickly
I'd be disappointed if any of them delayed signing a new deal to see what other offers they get. I'd also hope we don't end up like last year waiting and waiting on them to sign.

As much as I'd love them to stay, of they haven't signed in a short space of time then we need to move on to other targets, it's a short turnaround this year

So if Kyril puts up X amount of money to invest in the team. The Chuckle Brothers then don’t put their proportion in, then am I right in assuming their shareholding is then diluted, and ends up less?

I would imagine that if KLD is putting that sort of money in & Mutt & Jeff are not in a position to then KLD would want over all control of the Club.
we don't know what the details of the shareholder agreement are. Sometimes minority shareholders are offered protection against share dilution. More likely in our case is that there's an agreed schedule for further funding and a defined process for what happens if a cash call can't be met ?

If it's true that KLD is the one stalling then you'd suppose something is there in his favour with the passing of time and that he's confident these shares will eventually come to him at a price he likes.

Would it surprise anyone if the Louis Dreyfus family wealth fund had better lawyers than Del Boy & Rodney ?

So if Kyril puts up X amount of money to invest in the team. The Chuckle Brothers then don’t put their proportion in, then am I right in assuming their shareholding is then diluted, and ends up less?

Only if Mercator increases its share capital. Sunderland's shares are owned 100% by Mercator, so any share issue has to be paid for by that company. That price could be met by shareholder loans into it, which would not need to be proportionate, but would give a shareholder putting in a larger stake a larger claim on any subsequent disposal proceeds.

Last edited:
McGeady was superb mind.

The one rare bit of enjoyment and quality in what was largely a horrid few years.

Also a leader who loved a big moment and one of a handful in the last few years who wouldn't accept being in the position we had found ourselves in.

He was class, gutted not to give him a proper send off really. It's a shame he didn't have the opportunity to come on, but then he's played at Wembley a number of times now, Broadhead might never get another opportunity, who knows?

we don't know what the details of the shareholder agreement are. Sometimes minority shareholders are offered protection against share dilution. More likely in our case is that there's an agreed schedule for further funding and a defined process for what happens if a cash call can't be met ?

If it's true that KLD is the one stalling then you'd suppose something is there in his favour with the passing of time and that he's confident these shares will eventually come to him at a price he likes.

Would it surprise anyone if the Louis Dreyfus family wealth fund had better lawyers than Del Boy & Rodney ?
I agree. The notion that KLD is just an inexperienced rich kid who is completely vulnerable to the worldly business practices of our "oligarch" from Oxford is laughable. Yesterday I said on another thread that we might even end up feeling sorry for Donald.

Back