Acceptable age difference between partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

My uncle was in his 50’s when he started going out with a 17 year old lass.

An absolute car crash of a relationship. It was like an episode of Jeremy Kyle

I got called a nonce in a restaurant once when out with my 19 year old girlfriend - put a bit of a downer on our 10 year anniversary meal tbh
Went out with a lass 8 years younger when I was 27. Took her out for dinner and people were saying under their breath "Pervert! Pedo!" Really unfair and totally ruined our 6 year anniversary.

Beat me to it 😂😂😂

My ex was 19 years younger than me, (we lasted 13 years). My current wife is 9 years younger and it just works. Neither was a massive issue though my mother did call me a dirty old man with the previous one. 😕🙄

Went out with a lass 8 years younger when I was 27. Took her out for dinner and people were saying under their breath "Pervert! Pedo!" Really unfair and totally ruined our 6 year anniversary.

I don't remember any insults when we were out in public (she was 18 and I was 30) but I did look a bit younger I suppose and not the type to piss off. However, my ex would call her "the baby" to our common friends behind our back even though she was 26 herself.

100% true, but just a bairn myself. I wasn't a terrible dad but I don't think I got the same pleasure from doing things with them as I do now. Just a bit of a selfish bastard I suppose, but I improved as I got older.

Very honest mate. I never thought I was selfish at all until I had kids. Young fatherhood is tough. You have the energy but you haven't fully grown up yourself

That would mean someone 23 and a half for me. I have been out with someone 10 years my junior (just a couple of dates) and she was canny. I have also been out with someone 7 years my junior and felt like I was babysitting her.
Obviously there are variations in maturity and the younger you are the more that might matter . I'm 62 and owt under 38 ( i should have that pull ) might be a bit to weird as they are more likely to want family where at 38+ their kids are probably teenagers at least

Obviously there are variations in maturity and the younger you are the more that might matter . I'm 62 and owt under 38 ( i should have that pull ) might be a bit to weird as they are more likely to want family where at 38+ their kids are probably teenagers at least

I think there are variations in maturity. When I met my mrs she had recently ended a four year relationship (from 14 to 18) and had won rock and roll competitions. I was no dancer by any standards and she had grown up being taken to clubs by her parents and then drinking herself so I thought she would get bored with me. However she had older sisters, one of whom had been in the hippie group of people like me and so my mrs easily fitted in with my circle of friends who were all old hippies (at the ground old age of 30). She was full of life but at the same time a bit immature emotionally but we complimented each other and it worked. However, we waited five years before having a baby. Our eldest son saw a photograph of him as a little baby being held by her and said "f***ing hell how old were you mam?" She said 23 and he said "You only look about 16" probably because of her long brown hair. She still looks younger than her age as although 40 years later I'm just starting to go grey we look like there's an even bigger age gap between us which is weird. We were just talking the other day about if we could rewind time where would we stop and we both said at the time we met. I'll never forget that moment our eyes made contact. It was a magic moment to be honest and I don't think age has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Before I met my missus I had been dating an older woman (in her early 50's) but a proper wad.

Anyway after a few meet ups / dates I got her to role play that she was baby sitting me - needless to say she fucked me off a few days later as she wanted different things in life than me at that time but alas - aslong as its legal its more about what you both want out of a relationship in my opinion.

Last edited:
Before I met my missus I had been dating an older woman (in her early 50's) but a proper wad.

Anyway after a few meet ups / dates I got her to role play that she was baby sitting me - needless to say she fucked me off a few days later as she wanted different things in life than me at that time but alas - aslong as its legal its more about what you both want out of a relationship in my opinion.
I’ve had that the other way around. Lass with daddy issues. She wanted to take ‘the brat’ role though. Wanted to start putting plugs in me etc. Didn’t last like.

@Mackem00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back