Abdul Ameer

essex boy

Striker
Just wondering if anyone has played with or against this lad in the Durham cricket league. I believe he played for Whiteleas & Harton Welfare CC in 2017. Would be good to know how quick, does he bowl a pro length or club length and does he break down a lot?

Just wondering if anyone has played with or against this lad in the Durham cricket league. I believe he played for Whiteleas & Harton Welfare CC in 2017. Would be good to know how quick, does he bowl a pro length or club length and does he break down a lot?
He is very quick and a good wicket taker on his day and can bowl a club length however he has had loads of injuries including a very dodgy knee also doesn't really integrate himself into the side either.

averaged 15.94 when last in the DCL div 1

Durham Cricket League

Last edited:
He is very quick and a good wicket taker on his day and can bowl a club length however he has had loads of injuries including a very dodgy knee also doesn't really integrate himself into the side either.

averaged 15.94 when last in the DCL div 1

Cheers Eddy.

How does the DCL compare to the NEPL out of interest? Would he stand out in a side like South Northumberland or alternatively would he cut it at County 2nd XI standard?

Opened up against him at Whiteleas. He was certainly sharp on their deck. Bowled good lengths, moved it about with the new ball and had an awkward bouncer. I think he’d be one of the best opening bowlers in the Premier League but the better batsmen could find runs from his bowling once the hardness and shine has gone as he pitches it up. Our pro took him apart after his opening spell. The pitch was very flat mind.

That was three years ago however so not sure now. He didn’t look a spring chicken then...

Cheers Eddy.

How does the DCL compare to the NEPL out of interest? Would he stand out in a side like South Northumberland or alternatively would he cut it at County 2nd XI standard?

It's quite a bit off the NEPL standard wise if I'm honest. He was brilliant in his first year but his knee was a major issue in the 2nd season and as stated above the better players could get after him. He was also touting himself about the premier league and no one bit so sometimes tells a story. Not sure where he played last year but having played against him in 2017 I wouldn't say he was up to that standard but others may say different.

Personal opinion...

Good bowler, bowled a first class line and length as expected a lot of the time but at stumps when required. Quickest I’ve faced in a long while but top batsmen in an NEPL for instance would score off him. Plenty of videos of him online.

Unfortunately not much heart when going gets tough in games. Struggled against us first half of our innings one game, was moaning of multiple niggles, he came off limping. They snarled a couple of key wickets and he came back on and proceeded to run in from about 50 yards at full belt to take last 4 wickets.

Only mid twenties so lots of legs left in him by looks of it.... but agreed with gav, looks older. Lives in UK permanently now, married over here. Didn’t play last year due to family issues, wants a small fortune per week to play. Batting - nothing flash at all.

Cheers AC - He is living in Essex now by all accounts and looking for a deal, and like you say he does not come cheap. How much was he on in the Durham league out of interest (if you know)?

Personal opinion...

Good bowler, bowled a first class line and length as expected a lot of the time but at stumps when required. Quickest I’ve faced in a long while but top batsmen in an NEPL for instance would score off him. Plenty of videos of him online.

Unfortunately not much heart when going gets tough in games. Struggled against us first half of our innings one game, was moaning of multiple niggles, he came off limping. They snarled a couple of key wickets and he came back on and proceeded to run in from about 50 yards at full belt to take last 4 wickets.

Only mid twenties so lots of legs left in him by looks of it.... but agreed with gav, looks older. Lives in UK permanently now, married over here. Didn’t play last year due to family issues, wants a small fortune per week to play. Batting - nothing flash at all.

I’m older than him?! Christ alive.

He got wickets through intimidation as well. Well he certainly did in 2016. Some were out before they’d faced a ball from him, in fact hearing other teams talk about him they were out the week before.

Cheers AC - He is living in Essex now by all accounts and looking for a deal, and like you say he does not come cheap. How much was he on in the Durham league out of interest (if you know)?

No idea. He was tier 5 so they’re got to earn a minimum per week, but when he contacted me this winter it was more than what min is as no flights etc.

Yeah he lives down there, will be a good signing for someone if deal is right. Get him along to have a look bamegkre signing though, a year away from game he may of lost a yard or two.

Also agree with Gav, he frightened some blokes in DCL2 the year we won league. That was a fairly strong league that year, mich stronger than what it is now he took 60odd. Year after in 2017 he took 50ish in Div1 but a lot were snaffling 1 top of order and blowing away tails.

You could ask jardine about facing him from square league too, that was a sight to behold... :lol::lol::lol:

Back