Aaron Ramsey back to Cardiff

ah you see thats different..if saying "ramsey was a poor signing given his wages" that could be valid..its not the same as saying he is the worsdt footballer in ability terms they ever had,..because he definitely isnt..
and 400k a week on a bosman is £20mn in year one...they have paid more than that for footballers oin trasfer fees and got less in return..
Well the original quote that started this was that some Juventus fans think he is their worst ever signing so yes, it isn't the same as saying he's their worst ever player in terms of ability

I’m delighted that he is back.
He’s not the player he was and I don’t expect him to be playing 90 minutes each game, but I think he will add value to the team on and off the pitch.

His endurance stats in the World Cup were pretty good…but as stated on here he had a poor World Cup for Wales along with pretty much every other player we had out there.

We have been very poor over the last few seasons.
I’m hopeful of a mid table finish this year.
Pre Season blind optimism :)

Good luck to Sunderland for the season.

Yes, a gamble that didn't come off, on the pitch.
But, for Cardiff fans that appreciate how lucky we were last season (when only Reading's points deduction kept us up), Ramsey's signing gave us (perhaps false) optimism.
Cardiff's mid-table position this season may have little to do with Ramsey, but his presence has definitely given a more positive feel around the club...

Almost as well as our signings of Alese , Cirkin and Evans. You just know that had Jordan Henderson decided to come back to us rather than chase the money in Saudi he probably would have onlyfeatured the same as Ramsey given our record with injuries

Cirkin has played over 70 games for us, including seasons that got us promoted out of League one, and then into the Championship playoffs. :confused:

Evans also played a full season in getting us promoted.

Last edited:
Yes, a gamble that didn't come off, on the pitch.
But, for Cardiff fans that appreciate how lucky we were last season (when only Reading's points deduction kept us up), Ramsey's signing gave us (perhaps false) optimism.
Cardiff's mid-table position this season may have little to do with Ramsey, but his presence has definitely given a more positive feel around the club...

This is the problem, most cheap/free signings are gambles but in your case the signing of Ramsey was a no brainer imo.

Back