A1231 to become dual carriageway between Northern Spire and City Centre

What an enormous waste of money that is. Just pouring cash willingly into a financial black hole. Those time savings will be gone ten minutes after the work is completed.

What an enormous waste of money that is. Just pouring cash willingly into a financial black hole. Those time savings will be gone ten minutes after the work is completed.

Just with the new bridge its made a massive difference getting in/out of the city centre along Wessington Way.

After the new bridge opened the 1231 got re-routed over the bridge and into the city along the south of the river. What was the 1231 towards Southwick police station/Alex Bridge became the 1290. I’ve no idea why like?
They made it a b road as they want city bound traffic to use the a road.

All part of SSTC plan, i believe this is phase 3 with the new bridge being phase 2 altogether 5 phases in total linking the port to nissan (probably seemed like a good idea at time, maybe not now)

Maybe bit it’s our waste of money. It’s good for us to get some funding and this bridge is a very useful addition in keeping traffic moving for me. This will take it to the next level.

Back