A Quiet Place: Day One

I like them, clever and well done. Better than the generic SAW type shite. Mind I like the tension and two of my favourite ever films are Alien and The Thing so not surprising I like them really, they’re pretty much cut from the same cloth if not quite as well as those two classics.

The opening of the second one is immense like, right up to where it takes out the cop car.

Not that I mean it's shit after that in the way that say 28 Weeks Later is after an insanely good opening, it's not, but that first five or ten minutes are just great.

Mind there are a few things I'm not happy with and after ranting to the bairn she just said I was overthinking things. Maybe the new one will answer some questions.

The opening of the second one is immense like, right up to where it takes out the cop car.

Not that I mean it's shit after that in the way that say 28 Weeks Later is after an insanely good opening, it's not, but that first five or ten minutes are just great.

Mind there are a few things I'm not happy with and after ranting to the bairn she just said I was overthinking things. Maybe the new one will answer some questions.
After the zombie chase in 28 weeks later I don't actually recall the rest of the film but I can talk you through the first one almost word for word. That scene when he's downstairs in his parents house when the thing comes crashing through the doors is epic. As are the deserted London scenes.

After the zombie chase in 28 weeks later I don't actually recall the rest of the film but I can talk you through the first one almost word for word. That scene when he's downstairs in his parents house when the thing comes crashing through the doors is epic. As are the deserted London scenes.
The first one is indeed epic, as is the start of the second.

The rest of it is a complete load of bollocks though.

Same. I’d actually empathise with the aliens

Black Summer beats Days Later for me like
I'd agree but not many people seem to hold that opinion, there's some faults but some of it is superb - first episode from the different viewpoints, trapped in the diner, where the zed chases Lance for nearly a full episode the very start of the second series, the survivors 'war' in the snow.....absolutely cracking stuff

I'd agree but not many people seem to hold that opinion, there's some faults but some of it is superb - first episode from the different viewpoints, trapped in the diner, where the zed chases Lance for nearly a full episode the very start of the second series, the survivors 'war' in the snow.....absolutely cracking stuff
First episode was breath taking. The stuff in the snow showed they had no humanity left.

Analysts reckon it’s been cancelled because nobody gets a chance to know and connect with the characters. I reckon Zombiegeddon will be like that

First episode was breath taking. The stuff in the snow showed they had no humanity left.

Analysts reckon it’s been cancelled because nobody gets a chance to know and connect with the characters. I reckon Zombiegeddon will be like that
Didn't know it had been cancelled, thats a shame like especially the way it ended.

I reckon it's because it doesn't fit with the idea of banding together building a fort and living happily off a vegetable patch and two cows.

If you think Zombiegeddon will be like Black Summer though you're wrong, it'll be worse.

Didn't know it had been cancelled, thats a shame like especially the way it ended.

I reckon it's because it doesn't fit with the idea of banding together building a fort and living happily off a vegetable patch and two cows.

If you think Zombiegeddon will be like Black Summer though you're wrong, it'll be worse.
I reckon someone else will pick it up from Netflix as it’s part of a popular universe (although Z Wars is chod). I agree…I actually want to see what happens with these characters

Seen the first two a couple of times and they're ok. The one with Cillian Murphy (part two I think) was on recently and stands up reasonably well.

Same. I’d actually empathise with the aliens

Black Summer beats Days Later for me like
I was about to say I'd bang a pot but I wouldn't need to. They could wake the dead the little gita
Loved the first 2 but won't be watching at the cinema. Its obviously quiet in places and there's always some noisy **** opening a wrapper or talking in the cinema so will wait
I despise eating at a cinema. Why? Can you not go 2 hours without ramming food in your cake hole

I like them, clever and well done. Better than the generic SAW type shite. Mind I like the tension and two of my favourite ever films are Alien and The Thing so not surprising I like them really, they’re pretty much cut from the same cloth if not quite as well as those two classics.
That's the thing with these they do tension better than most films in the last ten years or so. I can feel myself gritting my teeth, not many films manage to make me feel in the world like these have. It helps I like John and his wife (jammy fucker pulling her) but they are so good at the tension thing. The deaf daughter too that whole juxtaposition of sound and a deaf girl really ramps the tension up.

Back