A McKinsey Report: When will the Pandemic end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decent article from McKinsey here:

US focussed but likely typical of other developed countries.

I look forward to the resident virologists and epidemiologists explaining why it’s wrong.

Don't forget to get Professor Tracey off of Facey's opinion...

Decent article from McKinsey here:

US focussed but likely typical of other developed countries.

I look forward to the resident virologists and epidemiologists explaining why it’s wrong.

Even though none of the authors of this report are virologists or epidemiologists?

It doesn't really say anything that I haven't already read on this very forum. I suppose the difference being that McKinsey have made a whopping profit on the back of coming up with fairly obvious conclusions. I'm surprised anyone would give them much credence in the first place considering their record over the past 20 years.

Health Minister Helen Whatley worked for McKinsey as did Dido Harding and her MP husband John Penrose.
Small World, Large Pay Day For McKinsey.
£5.1 million for helping to 'define the vision, purpose and narrative' of the replacement for PHE and T&T and other Covid response work.
£1.9 million as Brexit Consultant.

:lol:

I used to work for McKinsey so I can tell you categorically this is a piece of what they call ‘thought leadership’ to generate commercial discussions.

Only one of the people who wrote it is a DR, and he appears to have graduated 15 years ago and worked in consulting since. The rest are the usual strategy house fare of people with good degrees trying to pretend they know about everything.

If you would place value on this over whatever Vallance, Whitty, the WHO or NHS are saying you would have to be insane.

Has anyone read it? I skimmed through and didn't see anything we haven't already been told.

Best summed up by this:

Five additional criteria will also contribute to the transition to a form of normalcy—the more of these that are achieved, the faster the milestone is likely to be reached:

• continued improvement by governments in the application of public-health interventions (such as test and trace) that don’t significantly limit economic and social activities
  • compliance with public-health measures until we achieve herd immunity
  • accurate, widely available, rapid testing that effectively enables specific activities
  • continued advancements in therapeutics (including pre- and postexposure prophylactics) for and clinical management of COVID-19, leading to lower infection-fatality ratios—substantial progress has already been made through a combination of effective drugs, such as dexamethasone and remdesivir, and changes in clinical management
  • public confidence that there aren’t significant long-term health consequences for those who recover from COVID-19
It's just a shame Matt and his high tech cronies haven't been up to snuff.

Has anyone read it? I skimmed through and didn't see anything we haven't already been told.

Best summed up by this:

Five additional criteria will also contribute to the transition to a form of normalcy—the more of these that are achieved, the faster the milestone is likely to be reached:

• continued improvement by governments in the application of public-health interventions (such as test and trace) that don’t significantly limit economic and social activities
  • compliance with public-health measures until we achieve herd immunity
  • accurate, widely available, rapid testing that effectively enables specific activities
  • continued advancements in therapeutics (including pre- and postexposure prophylactics) for and clinical management of COVID-19, leading to lower infection-fatality ratios—substantial progress has already been made through a combination of effective drugs, such as dexamethasone and remdesivir, and changes in clinical management
  • public confidence that there aren’t significant long-term health consequences for those who recover from COVID-19
It's just a shame Matt and his high tech cronies haven't been up to snuff.

I’m sure the report has some highly technical aspects but those conclusions are all just common sense.

Interesting. However, I’ve got an alternative way of returning to normalcy. Stop reporting any figures and open everything. Some people will get sick, go to the docs and either get better or die, the same as they do with every other potentially fatal illness. Most people won’t be affected at all. People won’t know how many people are ill or dying, as it won’t be reported, so they won’t think about it. Then when the vaccine is ready, we just slide it in with the flu vaccine, suddenly a lot less people die, and we forget it ever happened.

Interesting. However, I’ve got an alternative way of returning to normalcy. Stop reporting any figures and open everything. Some people will get sick, go to the docs and either get better or die, the same as they do with every other potentially fatal illness. Most people won’t be affected at all. People won’t know how many people are ill or dying, as it won’t be reported, so they won’t think about it. Then when the vaccine is ready, we just slide it in with the flu vaccine, suddenly a lot less people die, and we forget it ever happened.

What a phenomenally ridiculous idea.

You have an incredibly selfish outlook on life. You only want things opening up so you can go out on the piss. Doesn’t matter how many tens of thousands more will die, you just want to get back on the piss.

You’re a complete loon.

Last edited:

You have an incredibly selfish outlook on life. You only want things opening up so you can go out on the piss. Doesn’t matter how many tens of thousands more will die, you just want to get back on the piss.

You’re a complete dickhead.
And you seem to be easily triggered. You do seem to spend an awful lot of time indulging your fear and converting it virtue.

And you seem to be easily triggered. You do seem to spend an awful lot of time indulging your fear and converting it virtue.

He wants the world to go back to normal so he can go out on the piss. He should be called our for that.

This isn’t indulging fear or being virtuous, he just wants to be able to go out on the piss, doesn’t matter how many people have to die for that, he says it himself.

Unfortunately he isn’t the only one like this.

You’re a complete loon.

he didn’t mention going to a bar or drinking?

He wants the world to go back to normal so he can go out on the piss. He should be called our for that.

This isn’t indulging fear or being virtuous, he just wants to be able to go out on the piss, doesn’t matter how many people have to die for that, he says it himself.

Unfortunately he isn’t the only one like this.
Everyone wants things to go back to normal - there is no shame in wanting that. Whether it’s so he can resume charity work, see relatives or get blind drunk and wake up in his own vomit isn’t particularly relevant - our right to choose how we spend our time is a cornerstone of liberty and freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back