A hypothetical question

As You Were

Midfield
We get promoted and stewart donalds decision to appoint Parkinson has paid off, donald announces he now has a proper scouting network in place and that the yanks are prepared to loan us another 20 mil to be spent on players as long as Donald stays. Are you happy to keep him or do you still want him to sell up?

We get promoted and stewart donalds decision to appoint Parkinson has paid off, donald announces he now has a proper scouting network in place and that the yanks are prepared to loan us another 20 mil to be spent on players as long as Donald stays. Are you happy to keep him or do you still want him to sell up?

Don't see this happening tbh.

(Hypothetical answer is we turn down the loan and pay back the 10 mil)

Last edited:

I think no-one would really give a shit as long as we were on an upwards trajectory.
Alas, he doesn’t seem to have much belief in himself, nor in anything he says.

I'd tell the yanks £50m because the step up to the championship requires more than a 100% on last season.

Well considering the company has been closed down (IIRC) i doubt they'll be giving us any more money

I’m happy to keep him even if all that doesn’t happen.
feels to me like the lynch mob were out with their pitchforks unnecessarily early.

...Queue being very aggressively told I’m wrongly 🤗

I wouldn’t mind him staying. He’s said some weird things but hasn’t really done anything wrong. Not to be confused with he’s gotten some things wrong. Wouldn’t mind seeing him grow a backbone. I don’t want that shithouse CM any where near the club though.

I do think his main error was the level of transparency he offered. Not saying there weren’t other errors, but it’s unfortunately the one that causes the most issues.

I think no-one would really give a shit as long as we were on an upwards trajectory.
Alas, he doesn’t seem to have much belief in himself, nor in anything he says.
I give a shit. Stewart Donald isn't and won't ever be a long term plan for this club. The sooner he goes the better, I don't care who 'loans him the money. I'd rather they just ran the club and he fucked off.

I give a shit. Stewart Donald isn't and won't ever be a long term plan for this club. The sooner he goes the better, I don't care who 'loans him the money. I'd rather they just ran the club and he fucked off.
While everything has gone quiet on the already fairly muted Donald Out campaign we still need a clear plan for the future, things on the pitch despite the uncertainty at boardroom level are going well but the quickness with which his toys came out of the pram showed his true colours, get promoted get it sold to someone who hopefully has more than a 2 year plan would be nice.

an unhypothetical answer

Our current owner has not got the financial clout to take this club further once this club is promoted whenever that may be.

It has never been his intent to do so.

Through a good negotiation process when he bought us he got a pretty good deal especially when the previous owner paid off debts.

It's not important that he sells today or tomorrow for the clubs sake. It's more for his financial interests which is fair and reasonable.

As an owner he will at least make probable financial gain from owning a football club. (it just happens to be us that fitted into his business plans)

Moving ahead we need real money.

But we need this from an owner who can make the correct appointments at every level.

Our record in this regard is abysmall.

Our current owners legacy is hopefully at the end of his tenure he actually moved the club ahead with limited funding.

If he personally makes financial gain then good on him.

Not for me.He cant afford to run a championship club and I think on balance he's got more decisions wrong at safc.

I've no issue with him riding off making a small or
large profit from us in the summer as that's business.

I would just hate to see him involved in another key summers recruitment and renention.

Back