A Game Of Three Teams

Steak Pie

Striker
So the latest gimmick is a match involving three teams of eight players.

Starting to get to the point where I'm losing interest in white ball cricket, it's turning into a farce.

Starting to get to the point where I'm losing interest in white ball cricket, it's turning into a farce.
Read about it earlier and it sounds like a shambles

The most sensible thing the people behind these gimmicks could do at this stage is drop the gimmicks in order to appeal to people who actually like cricket.

The most sensible thing the people behind these gimmicks could do at this stage is drop the gimmicks in order to appeal to people who actually like cricket.

I have a great idea for the ECB to increase crowds.

My idea would be called the 90.

This would involve the removal of the wickets which would be replaced by 2 no frames about 24 foot wide by 8 feet high with a net on the back. The wicketkeepers would stand in the frame. None of the players would be allowed bats and they would have to try an manipulate the ball into the frames and the wicketkeepers would try to stop them. Picking up the ball with your hands would make it too easy so this will not be allowed and players will need to kick or head the ball instead. The current balls are clearly too heavy and small for this purpose so I propose a far larger ball without the seams and maybe inflatable be used instead. Matches would last for 90 minutes (hence the name) which is ideal for TV viewers apparently as they get bored after that.

I think it could be a winner although the traditional cricket fans may not like it.

Last edited:

Well he's right that its a game changer, (it has three teams for fs.) Do we need another set of new rules?
It makes the Hundred look good.
Now take it easy there mate!

Back