A few words from McGeouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a very tidy player, but I'd like to see him find a player ahead of him in some space more often, rather than passing back or sideways. Of course, those players have to look for that space, and our movement and mobility have been problematical for years now. When a side is good at movement, the bloke on the ball will have more than one option. Coaching is the key.

Let's hope that the players in front of him this season actually want the ball off him!
Reading my thoughts?:)

Because a player wants to stay?
I think it’s good that a player wants to stay (the cynic in me can’t help feel his move to Aberdeen didn’t materialise and hence why he wants to stay). The disappointment for me is that I simply don’t rate him and he’s injury prone. In fairness I accept lots do rate him and he certainly divides opinion.

I think he's looked pretty good in pre-season so far. I do think he's a better player than he showed last season. His passing between the lines is better than every other centre midfielder we have imo.

This is the most revealing part of his interview
We're working at that system and improving every game, I think we've got better. We've got fitter and stronger, buying into what the manager wants us to do.
Is Ross going to stand by the system he has tried this preseason .

If he continues to pass to a team-mate I'll be happy.

If he continues to fail to create any chances I'll be sad. If he continues to look like being a sick note I'll be sad.

The above three points summed him up last season.

He looked very tidy in the 2nd friendly in Portugal, he looked to be playing a little bit further up the pitch, which could be a bonus for us this season.

And whats to say Ross has changed his mind about him?
If theres a player in there he must have eaten one .Hopefully plays him even less than last season .He hardly included him last seasons squads ,emmbo ,robbo ,and I hope Dobson in front of recycler

from the little i actually saw of him and the lots of commentary i heard, he sounded like the type of player who can protect the defence but liked to make himself open for a pass and 'can' pick a good pass himself...the downside and what seems to bother most people is his injuries and the fact he was never first on the team sheet when all were fit, obviously something ross did not like i think but maybe the new system will allow him to play.

Photo by Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images Dylan McGeouch could have left the club this summer for Aberdeen but opted to stay in an attempt to prove himself in England. Are you confident that he can become a regular starter in Sunderland’s team this season? It was an interesting first season for Dylan McGeouch on Wearside. The...

More at Roker Report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back