A Dilema?

Really hope it is an embarrassing defeat for Coventry. I have a soft spot for man utd, if it wasn't for them the scum would had a few trophies in the cabinet during my lifetime.
This is so true. A lot of people who “hate Man Utd” forget this. Any time the Geordies have got close to winning something it’s almost always been United who’ve put a stop to it. I guess that’s why Newcastle think they’ve got some sort of rivalry with them, which Man Utd fans just laugh at and shrug their shoulders, whilst always putting them back in their place. And as it can’t be us, let’s hope they keep doing it for us for many more years to come. And also don’t forget how pissed off the Geordies will be if Man Utd were to win the thing. So bonus points purely for that.
City I'm fine with tbh.

My best mate when I was in primary school was a City fan, his dad was from Manchester. Followed them through all the shite, League 1 playoff final etc.
Never had his Paul Dickov top off when we were having a kick about.

Their fans have known some shite in recent history, and despite the fact they're currently more successful than the rest of the top teams, they seem to have a lot less plastics.
Anyone who’s fine with city is also fine with the Saudis.

Last edited:

They've got nowhere near as many as the other big clubs imo.

They seem to get both sides of the coin thrown at them. Some people say they've got thousands of plastics, and others say they can't fill their stadium. And they were getting 30k in Division 2 in the late 90's so it can't be both :lol:

I wouldn't have liked to have been in their position prior to the takeover tbf, imagine how much worse our recent history would have been if the mags had been winning trophies hand over fist.

It's bad enough being shite when your rivals are also winning fuck all :lol:
They may have hit 30k a few times in Division 2 but they never got an average 30k in the 90s, it was the 28k in 1999. Match day crowds were as low as 24k once the 'novelty' wore off slightly for a Saturday game as they were down in 9th place and 10 points of the automatic places come December 12th. On that day they got 24,976 and the 3 prior home games, all on a Saturday averaged just over 25,172. They started winning games after the New Year and crowds picked up again.

Logon or register to see this image

I'm not suggesting that the increase in crowds since then are all plastics but there will be some and some will be the plastics coming from Man Utd's demise also. They also moved from Main Road to the Etihad Stadium in 2003/04 so that had the usual new stadium growth that most clubs experience. The extension of the South stand in 2015 added another 7,000 to the average and no doubt there's 10,000s of fans wanting tickets now but can't get them.

Without looking I have a feeling that Man City will have increased prices in certain areas of the ground and possibly reduced concessions to 'milk' fans. That means that some of those who went through the shite seasons will possibly be priced out by 'glory seekers' with more money than them. Googling I found this and it just shows that even though Man City generate £100s of millions from elsewhere they will still increase revenue from match day fans ticket prices. This is a long but very interesting read, I've copied some below and this is what football at the top has become due to all the greed in the game now, plastic as fuck!

Some estimates suggest that even if every season ticket went up by £50, the club would stand to generate just under £2million in extra income, which represents about 0.25 per cent of total revenues and is deemed, by some fans, insignificant compared to the goodwill that freezing prices would generate.

“We’re being slowly replaced,” Dante Friend, of the 1894 Group, said last week on the MCFC 9320 Pubcast YouTube show. “The only way City can beat Arsenal for matchday revenue is if there are no season tickets at all — 60,000 people paying £70 or £80 per ticket per game. That’s what some people at the top of the club want.”

“Non-core fans, in general, don’t sing; they don’t understand the club’s culture,” the fan quoted above says. “There is a duty not to be sat there like you’re watching a musical in the West End, but that’s what it’s become. The club are just thinking about the pound coin.

“This conversation can get horrible because people talk about ‘tourists’ and that can mean non-white people, and I don’t like that. There are a lot of wealthy, middle-class British people on day trips, wearing half-and-half scarves, who don’t support City. That’s a really important element of this conversation.”

Any back on topic and although what happened in the 70s affected us and that they've got a percentage of knackers, I'd rather that Coventry beat Man Utd and somehow win the cup for the fans who go to games for the support and emotions they go through and show regardless of win, lose or draw and not the glory seekers wanting to be 'entertained' and politely clap.

Last edited:
Was going to ask what the question was but I’ve got there. Didn’t even know they were playing. Manchester final anyway….Dilema? Nah.

I just enjoy seeing United lose tbh, grew up when they were winning pretty much everything and as such enjoy seeing them "struggle".

I fancy you turn them over this weekend in honesty.

Depends how old you are, im forty so saw plenty of United winning things whilst growing up but didnt mind as it at the expense of the mags for a few seasons

Coventry fan here with strong links to Hetton and Houghton.
A team of multi-millionaires or a tin pot team of gypsies for the final.
What's a 'dilema'?

I put my dislike of Coventry aside for two reasons in 1987 - Nick Picketing and Cyrille Regis, but, in the last F.A. Cup that means anything the old trophy has meant, I just can't want you to win.

City I'm fine with tbh.

My best mate when I was in primary school was a City fan, his dad was from Manchester. Followed them through all the shite, League 1 playoff final etc.
Never had his Paul Dickov top off when we were having a kick about.

Their fans have known some shite in recent history, and despite the fact they're currently more successful than the rest of the top teams, they seem to have a lot less plastics.
Got loads of proper historic fans, City. Also a club owned by a country who seem incredibly dodgy in how they run it

Back