A Day in the life - the pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be good to have a location and even a few words to describe a photo if necessary - not sure if that would make it more complicated.

@ahops30 where were you?

Reactions: ATS

I think it would be good to have a location and even a few words to describe a photo if necessary - not sure if that would make it more complicated.
@ahops30 where were you?
Hi,
In Montreux on the shore of lake Geneva Switzerland. The photo by the lake (Geneva) shows the pink apartments one of which was owned by Freddie Mercury. The other 2 is on the cog railway on the up to the summit of Rochers De Naye. see link.
http://www.switzerlandbyrail.com/trains/excursion/rochers_de_naye_railway.htm

Aye concurred, a bit of context would be great but could add to the labour involved.

Never would have guessed so many would participate, well done everyone and of course great job in collating it all G.

Agree we should do a mid summer one too. But not a Midsomer one or there would be too many dead bodies.

Hi,
In Montreux on the shore of lake Geneva Switzerland. The photo by the lake (Geneva) shows the pink apartments one of which was owned by Freddie Mercury. The other 2 is on the cog railway on the up to the summit of Rochers De Naye. see link.
I thought I recognized the fountain in Lake Geneva. It used to be on the opening credits of The Champions. Had my photo taken there when I was visiting.

Aye concurred, a bit of context would be great but could add to the labour involved.

Never would have guessed so many would participate, well done everyone and of course great job in collating it all G.

Agree we should do a mid summer one too. But not a Midsomer one or there would be too many dead bodies.

I thought I recognized the fountain in Lake Geneva. It used to be on the opening credits of The Champions. Had my photo taken there when I was visiting.

Yes seen that pic also, but not one of mine.

Hi,
I thought it was Montreux at first but then couldnt get my bearings somehow! Is it taken from the Vevey side or from somewhere in Montreux looking SouthEastish?

I thought it was Montreux at first but then couldnt get my bearings somehow! Is it taken from the Vevey side or from somewhere in Montreux looking SouthEastish?
Yea looking (sort of) to the village of Villeneuve.

The mountain you can see to the right of the fountain is known as the "Tourist Mont Blanc". The photo is pretty much towards the real Mont Blanc but it is not that often visible because of low cloud/mist from Geneva - hence the locals get sick of getting asked by the tourist which one is Mont Blanc and point to that one which is nearly always visible. I think its the Mole - but Alpine will be along soon to point out all my mistakes in this post!

Agree, I have absolutely loved looking through this thread but there are loads of pics where I have wondered where they were taken. I can understand that would make it even more work involved though.

Well done AB22, great affort and a brilliant thread. Love everyones pics. Can't wait for the next one already :D.

The bairn picked the theme for my first pic and it's entitled plodging in clarts :D

agreed with others adding a little bit of context to tell about the picture, though top work eitherway. Mines is overlooking the firth of forth (can just about see the road bridge in the background) dog being walked just out of picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back