A criminal case where you think the guilty person is innocent.

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Colin Stagg, he lived in the same street as me and everyone knew he was innocent, even the police but that didn't stop him being found guilty. He did get out eventually though.
He got 3/4 of a million quid compensation I think?Poor fucker,he was hounded.

The Lockerbie bomber.

Convicted on flimsy evidence which suited the political agenda of the time.

Oh and that mentally deficient lad who said "let him have it" before his mate shot a cop on a rooftop in Croydon back in the 50s. He got executed for it too. Saw a documentary about it recently.

I always thought there was something iffy about Geoff Boycott's conviction for assault.

I remember at the time thinking there were part of his ex's story that didn't ring true. Would have to look it up again now to find out which parts though, my memory's not what it was.

The main one for me was James Hanratty I was utterly convinced but Dna proved otherwise.

I haven't read much of the case but lots of investigative journalists think the ex nurse Colin Norris is innocent.

Jeremy Bamber still garners support but he will never be released

And I have to watch what I say but I always believed Foxy knoxy was guilty of something...

Lots of people point the finger at the Mccanns but I refuse to believe that.

The Claudia Lawrence case fascinates me but I guess we will never find what went on.

A bit garbled. :)

But to pick up on the McCanns, I'm sorry, at the risk of 100 pages, 2 meltdowns, multiple bannings, etc., I think there's a case to answer.

There was evidence of cleaning up in the kid's bedroom, suggestive of a rough forensic countermeasure. Sniffer dogs picked up a trail from the back of the compound through rough ground, which ended at a roadside behind.

I believe Kate McCann went back to the bedroom because Madeline was crying. She wouldn't stop and Kate lost it, shaking the poor kid, resulting in the kid's head being banged and killing her. I don't think it was intentional and many parents have at times been on the brink of losing it.

At this stage, if they'd owned up then it would have been a manslaughter charge with a minimal sentence.

However, I believe they decided to dispose of Madeline's body, moving it over the rough ground to a waiting car and cleaning up the bedroom. The kidnap story was concocted to cover up the incident.

How the body was finally disposed of will remain a mystery.

Everyone is entitled to a opinion.
Watched that drama quiz about the cheating major who won 1 million.
from what I’ve seen of it they didn’t have the evidence to convict.

It wasn't the strongest of cases at the time, but the jury felt otherwise.
The Lockerbie bomber.

Convicted on flimsy evidence which suited the political agenda of the time.

Oh and that mentally deficient lad who said "let him have it" before his mate shot a cop on a rooftop in Croydon back in the 50s. He got executed for it too. Saw a documentary about it recently.

Derek Bentley's "let him have it" remark could have been taken either way. As such, to apply the death penalty in the absence of prima face evidence he was telling Christopher Craig to shoot was wrong in my opinion.

Add to this he was mentally deficient. I don't think Derek Bentley full understood the consequences of his actions that day anyway.

Last edited:
DNA evidence doesn’t necessarily prove anything (on its own, or at least it shouldn’t!). Possible to contaminate it mix samples either deliberately or accidentally.

There is a good book out currently called The Secret Barrister. It is gripping and horrifying l. The number of very likely guilty people on the streets and the number of very probably innocents behind bars, only some of them have been let out.

Back