A couple nuclear explosions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

just get PTGui

i used MS ICE. Tis canny for left-right pano's but struggles with a collage.

Will check out that ptgui.

actually Roger, i had a question on panos: do you shoot in AV or in M? i shot in M the other day and the result was abit inconsistant.

Logon or register to see this image

Can see the blocks of exposure.. assume it's wrong to shoot in M when making a pano?

About 130 pics in this one and a nightmare with all the movement but I was well paid for it.

good that mate. lots of detail.

actually Roger, i had a question on panos: do you shoot in AV or in M? i shot in M the other day and the result was abit inconsistant.
Can see the blocks of exposure.. assume it's wrong to shoot in M when making a pano?

Quite the opposite, the stuff I do with Google uses AV and as a result often gives banding problems. Anything I do myself is always full manual. It is the only way you are going to get good exposure joins.

The problem occurs in conditions like you have there where the light is up and down as the clouds cover the sun. Basically you just have to watch what is happening with the light or work incredibly quickly. It is also a massive problem with sunsets etc as the light changes so quickly.

I noticed the striping on your 1st photos and was actually wondering if you had used auto settings. If you use something like hugin/ptgui they will help as they blend the joins and also adjust for lens vignetting.

Quite the opposite, the stuff I do with Google uses AV and as a result often gives banding problems. Anything I do myself is always full manual. It is the only way you are going to get good exposure joins.

The problem occurs in conditions like you have there where the light is up and down as the clouds cover the sun. Basically you just have to watch what is happening with the light or work incredibly quickly. It is also a massive problem with sunsets etc as the light changes so quickly.

I noticed the striping on your 1st photos and was actually wondering if you had used auto settings. If you use something like hugin/ptgui they will help as they blend the joins and also adjust for lens vignetting.

I used AV yesterday because M was a disaster the night before. Cheers for the advice, i'm looking for summit wall worthy in cullercoats :mad: i fear i'm going to have more then just technical issues.

Cambo WDS and phase one for sale so you can do it the easy way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back