A change of stadium name??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate texted me today, reckons he has it on good authority that we are going to announce a sponsorship deal on the naming rights of the SOL in the next week.

Might be bollocks, but anyone else heard anything?? could generate a few quid for transfers.

Mate texted me today, reckons he has it on good authority that we are going to announce a sponsorship deal on the naming rights of the SOL in the next week.

Might be bollocks, but anyone else heard anything?? could generate a few quid for transfers.

Yeah its the Castrol/Tullow Oil/Invest in Africa Arena. Gonna be a sign that rotates every 10 mins.

What too, personally anything that will bring in extra revenue can only be a good thing

Did he say what to?

Didnt say, not sure he knows what to, just he heard we are going to change it. As i say might be bollocks, as he has fucked off to Africa for 3 weeks, so i cant text him to ask any questions. But he did say contact him if its correct, not known for his bullshitting like.

Didnt say, not sure he knows what to, just he heard we are going to change it. As i say might be bollocks, as he has fucked off to Africa for 3 weeks, so i cant text him to ask any questions. But he did say contact him if its correct, not known for his bullshitting like.

:eek: the plot thickens!

What too, personally anything that will bring in extra revenue can only be a good thing

I don't mind the name 'Stadium of Light' but don't have any real emotional attachment to it so if they can get a good wedge for selling the rights I have no real issues (provided it is not to some crappy brand that sounds rubbish). If they were selling Roker Park naming rights I think I would have felt different about it.

Can't see it being changed to IIA...too short term, dependant on club sponsorship etc. Unless of course it comes with a mammoth financial deal a la Emirates.

Couldn't really give a shit tbh, aslong as it's not going to be the f***ing invest in Africa Stadium ffs.

Murray always said that is one of the reasons the stadium of light was chose as the name as it would be easy to rename and sell the naming rights to eg. The Castrol Stadium of Light

Are we going to carry a coffin up to the stadium for the first home game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back