A Certain Ratio at Hoochie Coochie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls, I forgot all about it. Fancied it n'all.

Top notch, I take it?

I've seen them loads of times but that was Unfuckingbelievable. It's only a small venue but was rammed. Loads more there than the last two times and they were unreal. Denise Johnson was back again.

A Certain Ratio = Post punk band
Hoochie Coochie = Luxury bar in Newcastle
Smashed it = a phrase used by dildos to mean 'they were alright like aye'
Not really.

I've seen them loads of times but that was Unfuckingbelievable. It's only a small venue but was rammed. Loads more there than the last two times and they were unreal. Denise Johnson was back again.

Not really.

Class mate. I'll catch them next time they're touring.

I think it was the fact it was there that made it slip my mind. As good as any band on Factory imo.

I think it was the fact it was there that made it slip my mind. As good as any band on Factory .

Think theyre in Glasgow tomorrow. Just a flawless performance tonight loads of massive fuck off acid breakdowns, calypso whistles, bongos and percussion, the end of Good Together was total carnage. If you get a brilliant performance in a small venue that's packed with people who are up for it it's hard to beat. We went to the zigo dome to see Depeche Mode in Amsterdam last year and whilst they were very good it's obviously hard to get the place rocking in a 16000 capacity arena, just a different night.

I think it was the fact it was there that made it slip my mind. As good as any band on Factory imo.

Small venue + packed with good crowd + flawless performance. The outro to Good Together was complete carnage 10 minutes of massive acid breakdowns, bongos, percussion, bass and calypso whistles. I was taking to lad from Manchester at the bar who has seen them hundreds of times and he was shocked at how good it was.

You don't usually see any trouble in there, hope it didn't spoil your evening mate.

Aye not literally like. As you say never any bother in there. Occasionally on a non band night, typically a Saturday you might get a group of bell ends from London or somewhere in, probably wearing absolutely shite clobber from the market on EastEnders and being totally f***ing clueless about anything but somehow thinking they're mint.

Last edited:
Didn’t sumner do backing vocals on ‘good together’? He was deffo on won’t stop loving you.

Why didn’t ACR hit the ‘big time’?

I played football with some older lads who listened to new order and they got me listening to ACR too, around 1989 I think.

Last edited:
Small venue + packed with good crowd + flawless performance. The outro to Good Together was complete carnage 10 minutes of massive acid breakdowns, bongos, percussion, bass and calypso whistles. I was taking to lad from Manchester at the bar who has seen them hundreds of times and he was shocked at how good it was.

Aye not literally like. As you say never any bother in there. Occasionally on a non band night, typically a Saturday you might get a group of bell ends from London or somewhere in, probably wearing absolutely shite clobber from the market on EastEnders and being totally f***ing clueless about anything but somehow thinking they're mint.

dedicated, to one of my pals, via martin ;)

they were on great form, although tony's instrument wasn't sounding too clear, on SLSD and most of the other tunes he usually plays on

KSW sounded TOP.

great to see the place busy. was worried with the weather etc.

Didn’t sumner do backing vocals on ‘good together’? He was deffo on won’t stop loving you.

Why didn’t ACR hit the ‘big time’?

I played football with some older lads who listened to new order and they got me listening to ACR too, around 1989 I think.

him and SWR

that "four to the floor" ep, was my introduction to them.

Saw em supporting Talking Heads at NCH in 79. They were shite. Dressed like the cast of it ain’t half hot mam with fake tan rubbed in and running down their faces n arms n legs when they started sweating.
The Human League had been hoyed off the tour because they couldn’t all get time off work so Factory Records stepped in with an alternating support band as none of them could get the full tour length off work either. Joy Division, OMD or ACR. NCH got fuckin ACR ffs.

Talking Heads were excellent btw.

Fluked upon them one night st the leadmill in Sheffield. It was probably the weekend of the cup tie at Hillsborough where Norman spilled it. I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back