A bottle of the Beaujolais Nouveau..... A 79!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

InTheSunsheeeeeine

Just been watching only fools and horses, yuppie love, possibly the funniest episode they done! Anyway, that sketch when del is in the wine bar and he orders the bottle beaujolais nouveau, then says the 79, and the lasses piss themselves laffin! What's the joke? It's done me heed in for years!

Cassandra has just gave Rodney his coat with his name on :lol::lol::lol:

Just been watching only fools and horses, yuppie love, possibly the funniest episode they done! Anyway, that sketch when del is in the wine bar and he orders the bottle beaujolais nouveau, then says the 79, and the lasses piss themselves laffin! What's the joke? It's done me heed in for years!

Seriously?

It's the first press of the year -whatever year it is.

Usually served chilled despite being red.

Neuveau means 'new'. It's the beaujelais from the present year. Hence, he asked for a new wine, from 1979.

Har de fuckin har.

Then he falls through a bar. Hilarious.

are you f***ing thick mate? satisfied wt?

Neuveau means 'new'. It's the beaujelais from the present year. Hence, he asked for a new wine, from 1979.

Har de fuckin har.

Then he falls through a bar. Hilarious.

Thank you sir! Everyday is a school day!:lol:

Ahhh the bar, comedy genius! Never get bored of watching it

Maybe he just doesn't know. :roll:
Far too much of this shit on here, I am surprised he hasn't been called thick yet

I can't imagine many people getting that joke when those programs were made. I didn't know what Beaujolais Nouveau is either (or give a fuck tbh :lol:)

No offence intended to the OP but I assumed it was some in joke. It's fairly easy to google beaujolais nouveau.

So fuck off

It is easy to google most stuff but I think he wanted to show why he was asking and the context. Fuck off back at ya!

I can't imagine many people getting that joke when those programs were made. I didn't know what Beaujolais Nouveau is either (or give a fuck tbh :lol:)

I didn't, took a while to find out

It is easy to google most stuff but I think he wanted to show why he was asking and the context. Fuck off back at ya!

okay, i take your point. i was wrong to assume that a 79 Beaujolais nouveau was a fairly obvious joke and there must have been something else involved.

But fuck off anyway

okay, i take your point. i was wrong to assume that a 79 Beaujolais nouveau was a fairly obvious joke and there must have been something else involved.

But fuck off anyway

:lol:
I find it canny annoying on this and other forums that when someone asks a question, they are cast as thick.
It is usually thick people who do it in my experiences. They get a bit of knowledge and swing it like an axe at unsuspecting people.
Look at Mitty on here for example, cannot distinguish at all between information and knowledge. He IS Finchy

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:
I find it canny annoying on this and other forums that when someone asks a question, they are cast as thick.
It is usually thick people who do it in my experiences. They get a bit of knowledge and swing it like an axe at unsuspecting people.
Look mat Mitty on here for example, cannot distinguish at all between information and knowledge. He IS Finchy

i was a canny bright youngun but the older I got i realised I wasn't as bright as I thought and there are loads of people who know loads of stuff.

I do hate it when people look down on others because of a lack of knowledge and it usually is people who are not that clued up.

I agree re walter mind:lol:

I didn't, took a while to find out

Ower lass didn't get it (no) & she was on the phone to her mate (no) & she didn't get it & neither did her husband. When you think about it, it's a bit of a pratty joke to have in Only Fools and Horses.

i was a canny bright youngun but the older I got i realised I wasn't as bright as I thought and there are loads of people who know loads of stuff.

I do hate it when people look down on others because of a lack of knowledge and it usually is people who are not that clued up.

I agree re walter mind:lol:

exactly, i know a fair bit, but its mostly useless in everyday situations and irrelevant.
im not the thickest on the planet like ill say that but im not the most intelligent either.
I remember useless stuff from years ago and push out important knowledge that i used in my job etc.

I only "got" the joke cos I lived in that there London in the 80's. Used to get arseholed on the stuff round about Oct/Nov time each year. Cheap as chips it was.
So I reckon the joke was a bit "regionalist" or maybe us lot up here were just too hung up on "scotch" and "exhibition" at the time to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back