A bit of theatre darling

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajax_andy

Did something a little different over the weekend and shot a local theatre production's closing night.

Really showed off the immense performance of the 5D MK III as was regularly shooting at ISO's of 4000, and then when they had a black out (intentional) during the play I was up to ISO 12800.

I also used the silent shutter mode which tbh I think without there's no way I could have taken any shots at all. Imagine the loud clunk of a shutter going off every couple of minutes or more in a deadly silent theatre :lol:

Here's a few shots from the performance. I don't have the EXIF for these as have quickly saved them from my website before uploading to Flickr (I'm on my work pc).

The first 1 was shot I think roughly between ISO's 3200 and 5000... the last two think were 12800.

I'll pop a link to the full set under the pics as there's more on there... the grainier are all roughly ISO 12800.

No NR has been carried out on the 1st and the last 2 pics (ISO 12800) the NR slider was moved ever so slightly in LR (set it to 15 or 17)

I did shoot loads in colour too but the B&W are my favourite shots (plenty of colour shots in the link below though)

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Full set - http://www.andyhudsonphotography.co.uk/portfolio-item/bunkered/

I think theatre is one of those subject matters where the lighting just seems to suit a black and white conversion more than the colour images.

I think theatre is one of those subject matters where the lighting just seems to suit a black and white conversion more than the colour images.

Yeah I agree... it's probably because their's a lot of contrast between the dark (background) and light areas (actors) of the stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back