8th July corona deaths uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britain's coronavirus hospital death toll has lifted by 47.

Yesterday, the overall figure stood at 44,391 after a big daily rise of 155 following weeks of a downward trend.

That brings the hospital death toll for the UK to 33,564.

England recorded 42 new deaths, Wales recorded four, there was one more fatality in Scotland and none in Northern Ireland.

The breakdown by region is as follows:

- North West: 7

- London: 7

- Midlands: 13

North East and Yorkshire: 6

- South East: 6

- East: 3

- South West: 0

Don't know why papers/outlets bother reporting the hospital deaths when its the all settings data that is important. Guess it will be up around 150-175 again today in line with the usual Wednesday peak

Don't know why papers/outlets bother reporting the hospital deaths when its the all settings data that is important. Guess it will be up around 150-175 again today in line with the usual Wednesday peak
176 last week, 155 the week before.

Agreed. We pretty much know that the hospital deaths are coming down week by week.

126 in all settings. A drop of 50 from last week.

630 new cases. A drop of 199 from last week.
Encouraging. 7 day average down to 87
Did I read somewhere that 80% of new cases are asymptomatic? Whilst there is obviously still a risk of passing on to someone with health conditions, is this a good thing? You get covid but you don't even know and don't feel ill? Or am I over-simplifying things?

Last edited:
Did I read somewhere that 80% of new cases are asymptomatic? Whilst there is obviously still a risk of passing on to someone with health conditions, is this a good thing? You get covid but you don't even know and don't feel ill? Or am I over-simplifying things?

Yep u did read that so did i, personally i think its good news for the person infected but not so for the rest of us as they are more likely to pass it on as they are unlikely to self isolate

So is it safe to say that it looks like the protests and the beach going hasn't had an adverse effect on the downward curves?

I guess now it's to see what happens on the back of the pubs reopening (people mixing more closely indoors).
At worst it has slowed the decline. However let’s remember that the numbers involved were small when compared to both the total population and the numbers using the tube and so on in the weeks running up to the lockdown, so any effects would probably result in local spikes rather than a whole new wave. Obviously a local spike could if not checked result in a bigger outbreak.

99% according to trump

So is it safe to say that it looks like the protests and the beach going hasn't had an adverse effect on the downward curves?

I guess now it's to see what happens on the back of the pubs reopening (people mixing more closely indoors).

i dont think its safe to assume anything with this virus

I think outdoor it’s relatively unlikely to catch the virus, indoors / contained environments is much more likely. Other respiratory viruses like cold/flu hardly exist in summer months then steam back in around October time

I imagine so. Sorry I can't be better than that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back