8pm tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of those clapping would willingly pay an extra 10£ a week to properly fund the nhs
60 million x £10 x 52
Do the math
Very few I bet
Next week come out and clap if you will do this and I'll start the collection
8 o'clock next Thursday
Silence
I’d do it in a heartbeat. If I knew for sure and certain it would be used exclusively for the NHS. Problem is I don’t trust the thieving bastards to do that. And I mean all governments, not just this one before anyone gets their balls in an uproar.

How many of those clapping would willingly pay an extra 10£ a week to properly fund the nhs
60 million x £10 x 52
Do the math
Very few I bet
8 o'clock next Thursday
Silence
Happy to pay that.
Direct the money at caring for the elderly, disabled and people who need it.
Pissheads and people on smack who turn up at A and E regularly can fuck off though.

Much quieter in our estate last night with the exception of the dickhead bombing up and down in his car on the road opposite, beeping his horn and waving a St.George's flag.

60 million x £10 x 52
Do the math
Very few I bet
8 o'clock next Thursday
Silence
I'd gladly pay and extra 1-2% tax if it was ringfenced for health and social care budgets.

I must admit that, considering it’s likely most people in my street voted for the party that has systematically underfunded health and social care, hearing them all clapping doesn’t really sit that well with me. If I thought they’d insist on funding services properly in future I’d have more respect for them.

Happy to pay that.
Direct the money at caring for the elderly, disabled and people who need it.
Pissheads and people on smack who turn up at A and E regularly can fuck off though.
this virus has shown up how the care industry is treated as a second class service and offloading this to the private sector has failed. the care v health arguement was shown to be broken years ago but successive governments did nothing

Turning into a dick waving contest of who claps the loudest where I live. I don't bother with it personally. I'll message my friends who are nurses just to say thanks instead.

I'd gladly pay and extra 1-2% tax if it was ringfenced for health and social care budgets.

And yet look at how many complain about the 4% Council tax increase when half of that increase is actually ring fenced for adult social care.

And yet look at how many complain about the 4% Council tax increase when half of that increase is actually ring fenced for adult social care.
I complain about it, but that's because of the cuts in grants and funding from central government which disproportionally hit poorer areas, but that's for a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back